You are not logged in.

GB

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 16th 2005, 2:10pm

GB

Currently we had alt_naval doing a bit of caretaking since Gravina left us. RLBH has said that he can take over as from November. Now alt_naval has given up on his caretaking. What do we do now?

I propose to simply plod along until RLBH is in a position to catch up, it would only be a matter of weeks.

Sunday, October 16th 2005, 2:29pm

Agreed. The UK hasn't been integral to any storylines of late, so having it placed on "care and maintenance" doesn't set us back.

Sunday, October 16th 2005, 4:01pm

I concur, Captian.

Monday, October 17th 2005, 7:46am

Ok, I'll reconsider and finish what I'd started. I'll take your sound advice Wes and treat talk as speculation or is that 'consensual speculation' where someone says 'A' and everyone else goes 'yes'? I'll work on the following course;

Gravina's Infrastructure as posted.
GB tonnage as in CT with an across the board 10% cut off and put in a bucket called 'Australia' - never to return.
A second 10% bucket called 'Canada' if there is ever one. The remaining 80% (inc 16 hulls) as UK+empire.

Australia will be in physical possession of the ships I've seen stated (Tiger, former Iron Duke, Argus etc.) and 10 factories cut from GB total as at Q3 1928. It's up to everyone else how you want to treat Australia tonnage wise but I'll assume that it DOESN'T impact on the 8:1:1 outlined above.

Princess Royal is to be decide between GB-PI.

Cheers,

Monday, October 17th 2005, 12:03pm

Sounds good to me Roger.

Monday, October 17th 2005, 5:54pm

Anybody have any objections to looking for another player for Germany?

Monday, October 17th 2005, 6:56pm

Absolutely no objection from me. I could use a German player for a couple of story lines.

Monday, October 17th 2005, 8:14pm

No problemo here, have a few German-Filipino ideas I'd like to work on too.

(Notice that Psilander hasn't been heard from since being granted Nordmark, either...?)
(perhaps Nordmark is the Black Hole of Europe?)

Monday, October 17th 2005, 8:47pm

A new German player is needed. We also need to nail down what happens to the Treaty of Versailles so he has a clue what he's getting into.

We gave Nordmark to Psilander? Okay. I, too, am surprised then not to have heard from him.

Monday, October 17th 2005, 8:57pm

Quoted

We gave Nordmark to Psilander?

That was certainly the impression I got...

Monday, October 17th 2005, 9:28pm

Perhaps the shift from Swedish Empire to Nordmark was not adequate to him for some reason? Or maybe he is busy working on it, or asked a question to someone and never got an answer.

But having a full Nordmark and Germany would make for a more interesting Europe I think.

Monday, October 17th 2005, 10:13pm

Yes I think we should find a German player. As for Nordmark I haven't seen Psilander for some time, a replacement would be up to Hoo mefinks. We do however have frequent visiters to the forums, perhaps they can take soome smaller nations?

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 1:15am

I'd offer to take on a country, but I've never worked with spring sharp or know much of the details in running a country here. Dunno how much Time I'd have to put into learning it, either...

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 1:20am

Basically read the infrastructure rules and Cleito treaty rules and you half ways there...

To get springsharp go here.....
http://www.springsharp.com/

Toy arround with it abit and post a design and we can comment on what to fix.

As for playing I'm not sure you'd be up to par yet as I think some here would rather a reasonably experienced springsharper but I may be wrong.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 1:41am

Other would just like a warm body to interact with. You can contract out for designs.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 1:59am

Also depends somewhat on taking over an exsisting PC...versus if we decided to add a new one.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 2:25am

Shinra, consider whether Germany might be of interest to you. It's a relatively small power so there aren't a lot of designs needed right from the start. Most likely a CL - which could be based on the preceding class, ditto for destroyers and smaller combatants.

It's also unaligned with other nations, so you can chart your own course apart from some commericial deals that already exist. Politically, Germany's got some breathing room from the Nazis as a result of the political developments of 1921-1926. Yet Germany's location gives it a wealth of role-playing opportunties.

Having been the guy playing Germany before I got too busy, I could provide some mentoring in all respects for a new player.

The only catch is that there might be some stiff scrutiny over the "German-ness" of the ships produced, as you may note if you check out some of the relevant posts.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 4:03am

I didn't mention Germany by name, and offhand I don't think I'd be good for it given my inexperience, and the fact that I'm not well versed on German politics beyond the basics of the period, most of which seem to have been rewritten at this point anyway. I'll start fiddling with springsharp in the meantime, but I do have another (possibly naive) question to pose; I've seen reports on the aftereffects of Naval battles, but how are they actually being simmed?

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 4:21am

Quoted

I've seen reports on the aftereffects of Naval battles, but how are they actually being simmed?

They aren't. So far, to the best of my knowledge, all WesWorld engagements have been scripted.

If you have a naval battle game (Seekreig?) you could play it out using that, but it certainly isn't mandatory.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 4:53am

A,B, no si?

Well we have these nice small South American powers to choose from.