You are not logged in.

Monday, October 17th 2005, 10:36pm

Quoted

For that to occur Italy would have to come out of their safe haven of the Mediterranean......

RA, looks like you failed to lure him into your MAS trap.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 1:35am

So has Atlantis (or will it shortly) be moving out of its Byzantium/Armenian Mandates?

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 3:57am

Atlantis is no longer in the Armenian Mandate as it is independant, while Byzantium is following suit...that being said Byzantium can likely expect to injoy a similar status to other FAR nations in that in the event it is attacked the other FAR nations would be obligated to help defend Byzantium.

It may be an Atlantian interest primarily but it is also a FAR interest.....

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 4:18am

So is FAR now BARF?
;)

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 4:50am

Quadruple Alliance

Why does this look familiar? [SIZE=1]Swamphen, you know what I mean?[/SIZE]
At least Greece isn't an enemy of this group. I imagine this will respond to any Turkish aggression or any Italian or Iberian bids at gaining more power in the Mediterranean Sea.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 4:58am

Quoted

It may be an Atlantian interest primarily but it is also a FAR interest.....

Indeed, it is very much a Russian interest to maintain Med access through Byzantium, and defense of Byzantium is certainly an interest of Russian Federation.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 2:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
So is FAR now BARF?
;)

No thats what you'll do when FAR punchs you in the gut for making fun of their name :-P

Quoted

At least Greece isn't an enemy of this group. I imagine this will respond to any Turkish aggression or any Italian or Iberian bids at gaining more power in the Mediterranean Sea.

The main goal of Atlantis politically is to keep the verbal jousting between Turkey and Greece to remain just that...verbal jousting. Byzantium is a buffer zone between the two and being an independant nation aleviates some of their gripes.

I think Iberia is more concerned about South America rather than the Med, at least thats my take.

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 3:41pm

I know No-Tink!!

Quoted

No thats what you'll do when FAR punchs you in the gut for making fun of their name :-P

But it's so easy...
^_^

Tuesday, October 18th 2005, 6:38pm

Quoted

So is FAR now BARF?

Sure, first FART, now BARF. I guess that the largest player alliance is also the most insulted alliance.

Quoted

I think Iberia is more concerned about South America rather than the Med, at least thats my take.

I agree. South Africa...
*crosses out Africa and writes America above it*
... is at a significant distance from Iberia and its colonies could easily be threatened by the various agressors in that region (right Swamphen?). While the trouble in the Med is closer at home, it is on the other side of the Med. Should it spread westward, it would first encounter Iberia's ally Italy and the Italians might be able to prevent it from spreading further west.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 2:09am

Quoted

I agree. South Africa...
*crosses out Africa and writes America above it*
... is at a significant distance from Iberia and its colonies could easily be threatened by the various agressors in that region (right Swamphen?).

*...whistles innocently away...*

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 2:11am

Sure, make the Chileans even more paranoid then they already are.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 2:17am

Great sport old chap, what?

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 2:56am

o.o

This thread quickly managed to stray a few miles off topic.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:11am

Only a few miles?

We must be slipping...

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:15am

No...no your not....

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:24pm

We need to add a few more miles...

Not sure anymore what we were talking about!
O_O
... so it looks like I'll have to list my memory as M.I.A. as well.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:43pm

*drags thread kicking and screaming back on-topic*

So, with the completion of Alioth, how much CV tonnage does Atlantis have remaining, and how do you plan to use it?

Thursday, October 20th 2005, 1:27am

Atlantis has 31,400 tons left over in the CV catigory.

The plan is to split that between 2 CV's of 15,700 which would be slightly larger versions of the Alioth enjoying torpedo bulkheads and improved aircraft capacity. Its not known at this time if either the 4.5" or 5.1" mounts would replace the 5.5".

In a semi related project Atlantis also has just under 65,000 tons of CA tonnage to use once the older Medusa and Pioneer class recieve their conversions to CL's. The goal is to allow for 2 CA's for each carrier group with two to spare.

Thursday, October 20th 2005, 5:47am

or three trade protection carriers based on oil tankers.

Cheers,