You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 14th 2003, 5:56pm

Paris Herald 12/5/20 Treaty of Mutual Assistance Concluded!

AdmKuznetsov
Spammer wanna be
(5/8/03 2:43:16 pm)
Paris Herald 12/5/20 Treaty of Mutual Assistance Concluded!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Government of the Republic of France have the honor to announce the successful negotiation of a Treaty of Mutual Assistance between the Republic of France, the Atlantean Empire, and the Russian Federation. This treaty is not directed against any power and contains no committment in the event of aggressive action on the part of a signatory. The three high contracting parties have confidence that the conclusion of this treaty will reinforce the foundations of peace in Europe and the world.

ARTICLE I
In virtue of the close relations established between the Atlantian Empire, the Republic of France, and the Russian Federation, the high contracting parties mutually undertake to afford one another military and other assistance and support of all kinds in war against any power which attacks a high contracting party and all those States which are associated with the aggressor in acts of aggression against any of the high contracting parties.

ARTICLE II
The high contracting parties undertake not to enter into any negotiations with the aggressor or any other government associated with the aggressor that does not clearly renounce all aggression intentions, and not to negotiate or conclude, except by mutual consent, any armistice or peace treaty with aggressor or any other State associated with her in acts of aggression.

PART TWO
ARTICLE III
1. The high contracting parties declare their desire to unite with other like-minded States in adopting proposals for common action to preserve peace and resist aggression in the post-war period.

2. Pending adoption of such proposals, they will after termination of hostilities take all measures in their power to render impossible the repetition of aggression and violation of peace by the aggressor or any of the States associated with her in acts of aggression.

ARTICLE IV
Should any of the high contracting parties during the postwar period become involved in hostilities with the original aggressor or any of the States mentioned in Article III, Section 2 , in consequence of the attack by that State against that party, the other high contracting parties will at once give to the contracting party so involved in hostilities all military and other support and assistance in his power.

This article shall remain in force until the high contracting parties, by mutual agreement, shall recognize that it is superseded by adoption of proposals contemplated in Article III, Section 1 . In default of adoption of such proposals, it shall remain in force for a period of twenty years and thereafter until terminated by one of the high contracting parties as provided in Article VIII.

ARTICLE V
The high contracting parties, having regard to the interests of security of each of them, agree to work together in close and friendly collaboration after re-establishment of peace for the organization of security and economic prosperity in Europe.

They will take into account the interests of the League of Nations in these objects and they will act in accordance with the two principles of not seeking territorial aggrandizement for themselves and of non-interference in the internal affairs of other States.

ARTICLE VI
The high contracting parties agree to render one another all possible economic assistance after the war.

ARTICLE VII
Each contracting party undertakes not to conclude any alliance and not to take part in any coalition directed against the other high contracting parties.

ARTICLE VIII
The present treaty is subject to ratification in the shortest possible time and instruments of ratification shall be exchanged as soon as possible.

It comes into force immediately on the exchange of instruments of ratification.

Part One of the present treaty shall remain in force until the establishment of peace between the high contracting parties and the aggressor and the powers associated with her in acts of aggression.

Part Two of the present treaty shall remain in force for a period of twenty years. Thereafter, unless twelve months' notice has been given by either party to terminate the treaty at the end of the said period of twenty years, it shall continue in force until twelve months after one of the high contracting parties shall have given notice to the other in writing of his intention to terminate it.

In witness whereof the above-named plenipotentiaries have signed the present treaty and have affixed thereto their seals.

<signatures deleted>

Done in the Atlantean, French, and Russian languages, all texts being equally authentic.

Done, in Paris, the capital of the Republic of France, on this, the 5th day of December, 1920.

Visit my Russian/French fantasy fleet page:
admkuznetsov.tripod.com

King of Riva
So you want to be a spammer
(5/8/03 5:48:42 pm)
Re: Paris Herald 12/5/20 Treaty of Mutual Assistance Conclu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we have the first Axis... Three full scale allies!

Rest of the world: BEWARE!

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(5/9/03 2:04:44 am)
our hope
We hope that this alliance will provide security and stability in the region and by no means is it entended as sabre rattling. France has always been a close ally to Atlantis provideing us with aircraft technology and Russia also has shown its desire for peace in the region and they are a very welcome party to the treaty.

AdmKuznetsov
Spammer wanna be
(5/9/03 5:48:00 am)
Re: Paris Herald 12/5/20 Treaty of Mutual Assistance Conclu

Quote:
This treaty is not directed against any power and contains no committment in the event of aggressive action on the part of a signatory.

So if one of us decide to go on a rampage, they're on their own.

admkuznetsov.tripod.com/

LordArpad
Spammer wanna be
(5/9/03 7:36:25 pm)
sticky ...
Hi aowwt

could you please make this one and SANTA and SAINT sticky? Might come in handy in the long run.

thanks a lot

Bernhard

PS please contact me by email graylion at sm-wg dot net

King of Riva
(5/10/03 5:28:47 am)
The Clairvoyant
"PS please contact me by email graylion at sm-wg dot net"

Looking into my crystal ball, I prophecy an Italian-Iberian cooperation.....ommmm....

Rooijen10
(5/10/03 6:27:40 am)
Re: The Clairvoyant
Well, Iberia is squeezed between Atlantis and France.

And don't forget that once Germany joins Italy in the '30s to become the Roman Reich Empire, you'll have another 3 nation alliance. (I guess 2 1/2 woud be better since the RRE would probably be considered one nation)

Sounds like you're getting worried with all these alliances and cooperations King. Do they upset your plans to conquer the world ?

Walter

King of Riva
(5/10/03 8:40:22 am)
Upset?
"Sounds like you're getting worried with all these alliances and cooperations King. Do they upset your plans to conquer the world ?"

LOL

No, no. Those cooperations make things more interesting, though, but they´re not a problem to me. I feel quite save.

What about you, Walter? Any strategical alliances Japan is looking for? With the UK and the USA as Neutrals there aren´t many powers left you could ask. Greece? Coldmere? Australia? Or are you really thinking about being a SINner?

At this point I have to say sorry for not answering your latest email(s) in detail. I´m really burried in work right now. Hopefully I´ll find some time wihtin the next days.

So long,

HoOmAn

PS: I´m really glad I´m on the southern half of the globe. *g* Looks like some guys are preparing for something right up there in the North.

Rooijen10
(5/10/03 9:36:07 am)
Do you truly feel safe ?
Don't forget that if anything would happen to the Suez Canal, all traffic would have to be rerouted along South Africa.

As for strategical alliances, who knows what I'm up to. I might be planning something really bad.

If something is going to happen in the Northern Hemisphere, then I guess I'll have to prepare the troops... just in case.

Walter

King of Riva
(5/10/03 10:34:29 am)
Around Africa?
Where is the problem? Ups, well, okay, I may run out of torpedos... Better start to build some more. *g*

And keep in mind, there is also the Panama Channel. Not everybody has to sail through the southern Atlantic even though one could not run convoys through Panama. It simply would take too much time.

Rooijen10
(5/10/03 11:20:13 am)
Re: Around Africa?
When traveling, there comes a point where travelling one way is faster than traveling the other way. If I were to use Liverpool as a base, this point would be somewhere between Taiwan and the Philippines. West of this line it'll be faster around SA while East of this line it'll be faster through Panama.
It all depends on where you are based and where you are heading.

Walter

aowwt
Administrator
(5/10/03 4:53:01 pm)
Re: Around Africa?
Actually he didnt want to discuss an alliance with the RRE (whatever that is?), Italy, or Germany. Rather he just wanted to talk to me about some stuff some sim related some not. Anyhow I thought i post this just to make sure nobody starts thinking that I am already forming alliances.
Lessons for modern warfare:
"human intel is necessary, always be on the look out, and expect the unexpected"

Come to the Wargamer Forum at JPs Panzers Board

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(5/10/03 5:31:23 pm)
axis formation
Does anyone here think a triple axis setup could occur? Instead of two powers faceing off we have three takeing shots at each other when one is occupied. Lets say axis A and axis C go to war, would it be possible for axis B to stay out of it in favour of gobbleing up more non sim player countrys?

Rooijen10
(5/11/03 4:09:04 am)
Triple Axis
Could be worse than that.
It could be that each individual Axis nation takes on an individual nation of another Axis.That would become rather confusing and messy. What would happen if a quadruple Axis setup could exist ?
But I think that if Axis A and C were to go to war, and Axis B were to play its cards right, it could be possible that it won't get involved in the conflict between A and C (unless either A or C or both are aiming at the lands of B)

Walter