You are not logged in.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 3:02am

24 hour Internet Cafes?

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 3:07am

In South Korea...yeah they got those. I think their may be some in the United States but not very many...and very few would be open that long given the previlance of home internet systems.

And that's a long time to play Starcraft. I get a headache after four or five hours if I forget to blink (meaning the game is intense), and eight or nine hours after that because I've not had enough to drink...so that's my limit. I've not done that in years.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 5:37am

Starcrafts an awesome game but geeze!!! Thats waaaaay too much time for a game.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 11:23am

I already put a good 40 hours into Kessen III. Took me some 39 hours to clear the normal level, but now I am on hard with three additional generals and trying to get all the officer biographies, all the movies and beat every battle.
Unlike Mr. Lee, I have a job so I can't keep on playing it for hours and hours and hours and hours... and I would go nuts after 6 hours fighting.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 12:09pm

Hell after 2 hours of Call of Duty I have to get off the computer, I'm too worked up from unleashing a can-o-woopass.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 12:55pm

Actually I can't last an hour or so without a drink, so I usually run downstairs to fill up my glass and then continue.
Once I manage to finish the Hard level of Kessen III, I think I might be at a total of 80 hours, with the additional Chapter 13 in Hard mode. Of course, with the additional extras I get for getting all the officer biographies, all the movies and beat every battle, I will have to start the whole game again from the beginning and put another 80 hours into it. I doubt I want to try it at Expert level. I thought the fight against the Imagawa Army at hard was pretty nasty, and it is not one of the difficult battles.
O_O

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 9:19pm

I have to admit though I can waste an entire day beating a game on single player mode if its good enough. The whole Medal of Honour and Call of Duty series of games usually have this effect!

Monday, August 15th 2005, 5:03pm

I can beat you on that point: I can waste an entire day looking at the Wesworld page without doing anything at all! (looks like I forgot to take my motivation along when I came back from Canada)
:-)

Monday, August 15th 2005, 5:36pm

Quoted

I can waste an entire day looking at the Wesworld page without doing anything at all!

...meanwhile I read all this rather bemusedly as I don't really do the video-game thing at all! ^_^

Monday, August 15th 2005, 5:39pm

Same here...

Quoted

...meanwhile I read all this rather bemusedly as I don't really do the video-game thing at all! ^_^

A wife and two kids can really cut down on your video-game time, not to mention the 11-year old boy wanting to monopolize them himself!

Monday, August 15th 2005, 5:57pm

Get a private room, lock yourself up in it and start playing. Can't guarantee the safety of your marriage.
:-)

Monday, August 15th 2005, 6:00pm

I've heard of these "video games" but find that shuffling paper by day and shuffling hay by night prevents is enough entertainment for me.

Monday, August 15th 2005, 7:53pm

Sounds sooooo not fun Rocky! lol

My favorite game/map is currently Barbarrosa in Call of Duty. This map is about as tactical as they can get and the tank mod makes the game far more interesting than the stock maps. You can't complain when you can drive a KV-1 and run into a Panzer 3 and proceed to clean his clock with armor to spare.

Monday, August 15th 2005, 8:32pm

Quoted

you can drive a KV-1 and run into a Panzer 3 and proceed to clean his clock with armor to spare

Meanwhile I can drive 1 goat and 3 sheep and proceed to clean their stall with time to spare.

If nothing else, the exercise is good for me. I've lost twenty pounds in the past year, and rest assured it's not from eating healthy.

Last computer game I played was Harpoon II about five years ago. I was very fond of the AI, which never did anything unpleasant like send large airstrikes or missile salvoes at me. Everything was in small, easy to handle groups.

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 2:15am

Well I broke the controller for NASCAR Racing 2 about...oh 5 years ago? and got tired of Oregon Trail II, so... ;-) Might dig Robert E. Lee: Civil War General back out if I ever get the interest up.

My eventual wish is to own 20 acres out west and keep bees, rabbits and goats...and no computers to annoy me. :-)

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 2:21am

"...and no computers to annoy me. :-)"

The naval internet Pacific will be a duller place that day.

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 2:34am

True...

but there's always library computers...to ensure that Universe 198210-1 (WesWorld) is never devoid of exploding warships.

mwahahahaha!!

(Filipino cruiser suffering from...usual malady...circa 23rd century)

^_^

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 4:30am

Huh?

I think I'm with Adm K on this. I can't remember when I last indulged a day for computer games - it would have to be 10years at least. I did get Hearts of Iron2 recently but haven't had time to play - just a look although little Miss 3 pointed to the grey solders with black boots and said that they were the 'baddies' and there wasn't even a swastika.

Re Korea, IIRC there was a case a few years ago were someone was having problem with someone elses character in an online game. They hired someone to enter the game and kill the other character. The cops were involved but couldn't work out if it was destruction of property or a contract killing - the first cyber hit ; )

Cheers,

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 6:21am

Quoted

(Filipino cruiser suffering from...usual malady...circa 23rd century)

^_^

Hey when did the Philippino's get the plans for a Narn battlecruiser?

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 7:30am

2251 when the Filipinos decided to go against the Earth Alliance and form their own directorate near Narn space. Or was that later?