You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 4:03am

Papua New Guinea

OK Im back, hope you guys took care of.......... Hey!! whats that hole doing in the middle of Oz?

Ok back to the question:
Do Port Moresby & Raubal have any infrastructure I should be aware of?

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 4:15am

I'd say no. In 1928 it would be missionaries in and coconuts out. How much infrastructure would that require?

Cheers,

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 3:04pm

Wild, wild guess...

No infrastructure as in docks, slips or factories...but I would guess that Port Moresby is a 'free port' while you'll have to purchase a port before doing anything at Rabaul.

Quoted

1.2.2 Infrastructure - Ports

A free port, with no size limitation, is assumed to exist at any existing coastal city in your possession; consequently, slips and dry-docks may be spread amongst as many coastal cities as the owner desires. If a “real-life” non-coastal city is to be the site of a port, the player must demonstrate through actual documentation that any ship built there can travel by river between the city and open water. Common sense says that a fictional city on a fictional land mass will automatically meet this condition.

If the owner wishes to build slips or dry-docks at another location, such as a remote Pacific atoll, he will be required to purchase a port of the appropriate size:

Type 1, up to type 1 slipways and/or dry-docks and maximum of 3, cost 3 pts
Type 2, up to type 2 slipways and/or dry-docks and maximum of 5, cost 6 pts
Type 3, up to type 3 slipways and/or dry-docks and maximum of 7, cost 9 pts
Type 4, up to type 4 slipways and/or dry-docks and maximum of 9, cost 12 pts
Type 5, up to type 5 slipways and/or dry-docks and maximum of 11, cost 15 pts

You may spend 1.5 pts to give a port one additional slot to hold another slipway or dry-dock. By spending another 1.5 pts, the port is automatically upgraded to the next largest category of port. Note that these points upgrade the port’s facilities only - once paid for, you will still need to pay for the slip or dry-dock to take that slot.

A Type 5 port does not upgrade to a larger category of port; you may continue to spend 1.5 pts per slot on up to 11 additional slots.

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 6:01pm

Quoted

OK Im back, hope you guys took care of.......... Hey!! whats that hole doing in the middle of Oz?

Don't worry. It could be worse. You could have returned and found out that Australia was no longer where it was supposed to be (Atlantic Australia).
:-)

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 6:44am

Ok so no slips or docks but a port. Good Enough.

Quoted

Don't worry. It could be worse. You could have returned and found out that Australia was no longer where it was supposed to be (Atlantic Australia).
I guess so. But a 200 mile diameter hole???

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 7:13am

Don't beleive it Foxy, last time I went on holidays they tried to convince me that Austrailia sailed into the Atlantic, fliped upside down and eclipsed Atlantis!

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 5:49pm

Exactly. That was what I was referring to with Atlantic Australia. :-)

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 5:51pm

Quoted

eclipsed Atlantis

"...the moon jumped over the bull..."

^_^

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 6:35pm

Nah. It's just the kangaroo jumping on top of the bull.