You are not logged in.

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 3:09am

It's one of the Great Mysteries of WesWorld...one that will be revealed at the proper time (which may be never).
I bet 5 centavos he actually found the Stargate in 1920 got it working and sent them through it.

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 5:15am

The original question

And to answer the original question...yes, we are there yet.

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 9:04am

Ithekro: Walter's got them stashed!
Me: Yes, they're actually camouflaged as an island... unfortunately, the camouflage was so good that the Japanese do not know which of islands are the fake ones. :-)
(BTW, think Final Countdown then you know what I have done with them ^_^)

Swamphen: I bet 5 centavos he actually found the Stargate in 1920 got it working and sent them through it.
Me: Now I haven't seen much of the latter SG episodes so I might have missed some things, but how on Earth does one get four 25,000+ ton battlecruisers through the Stargate?!?! Is something like that actually possible???

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 11:21am

If you have a blow torch it is...

Saturday, August 13th 2005, 8:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
If you have a blow torch it is...

And a lot of patience.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 5:53am

Quoted

(BTW, think Final Countdown then you know what I have done with them ^_^)

So they where sunk by USS Nimitz around the 80s?

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 6:31am

Maybe they went back in time to the 1850's and wiped out Perry's Black ships before they reach Edo. Or maybe they're the real reason the Russian's got their heads handed to them at Tsushima in 1905? If they did the former, I doubt Japan would have unified, industrialized, and militarized so that would almost be like the Grandfather Paradox. Or maybe they arrive in Yokosuka in the 21st century, are refitted with SSM's, aegis radar and gas turbines, then sent back to ensure Japanese supremacy! Sort of like the Godzilla vs. King Gidorah film in the early 1990's, but with battlecruisers instead of a three headed cyborg monster.

Working on my Q2 news, will be a few more days. The polar trip will have its own thread...and many pictures of bleak endless snow, bleak endless Alaskan forests, and even more vast, bleak, and endless expanses of ice!

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 6:34am

I'm placing money on the notion that the Kongo's are the first victims of Godzilla, the first of many soon to be seen in a relentless stream of low budget B movies.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 11:56am

Quoted

Maybe they went back in time to the 1850's and wiped out Perry's Black ships before they reach Edo.

... and...

Quoted

If they did the former, I doubt Japan would have unified, industrialized, and militarized so that would almost be like the Grandfather Paradox.

I don't know. That is something that could happen, but there is also a poibility that the presence of those Kongo's in Japan may result in unification, industrialization and militarization (though unification might be a bit unlikely).

Quoted

Or maybe they're the real reason the Russian's got their heads handed to them at Tsushima in 1905?

An idea... but don't you think that they'd have gone on and try to conquer Russia with those ships?
:-)

Quoted

Working on my Q2 news, will be a few more days. The polar trip will have its own thread...and many pictures of bleak endless snow, bleak endless Alaskan forests, and even more vast, bleak, and endless expanses of ice!

Not much else to photograph there, right... except for the occasional explorer and Yeti who obviouly lost his way and ended up there.