You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 28th 2006, 9:23pm

Falklands still shown as Nordmark

Tuesday, February 28th 2006, 11:45pm

What is the status of New Zealand?

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 12:20am

All the maps have been updated and show the Falklands as UK now. It might take a bit for the server to show the new one.

As for Poland, historically it gained a link to Romania after the war with the USSR, but that didn't happen in Wesworld. I can change it back. The problem is that the border is extremely confusing, involving the Versailles Treaty, the League of Nations, etc...

I've found a map that shows the various acquisitions and when the happened HERE. East Galicia is the main question, since it was made a Polish Mandate by the League in 1923. Also the area along the Lithuanian border is a question mark. Was this taken from Russia or Lithuania?

I think there was discussion that Australia would control New Zealand, but I'm not sure of that.

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 3:57am

New Zealand is under Australian control as are the Solomons. The Solomons are still British but for all practical purposes are Australian.

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 4:58am

The Russian-Polish border

Quoted

As for Poland, historically it gained a link to Romania after the war with the USSR, but that didn't happen in Wesworld. I can change it back. The problem is that the border is extremely confusing, involving the Versailles Treaty, the League of Nations, etc...

I've found a map that shows the various acquisitions and when the happened HERE. East Galicia is the main question, since it was made a Polish Mandate by the League in 1923. Also the area along the Lithuanian border is a question mark. Was this taken from Russia or Lithuania?

The front line in March 1917, when peace was concluded, ran from just west of Riga, to just west of Dvinsk, then south through Baranovichi and Pinsk, then south to the Prut river. To get peace, Russia gave up Riga and the rest of Latvia, but the remainder of the border ran along the front line.

So about 1/4 of areas 5 and 12 on this map are Russian territory.

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 8:58am

How does this look?

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 1:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
How does this look?

I love it. Thanks

Tuesday, March 21st 2006, 11:20pm

Minor update, Ascension Island given back to the UK.
Smaller Big Ass Map
The Big Ass Map

Also updated Antarctica. Oy! What a mess!

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 1:35am

two MINOR niggles.....
You have the Island of Bornholm ( due south of the K in Stockholm) coloured as Nordmark.... I think a few of the locals may take exception to this as they are DANISH citizens!!!

Also, isn't it about time that the Irish Free State got it's own colour??????
Having been independant for a least 7 years.........

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 5:01am

Done and done

Wednesday, May 24th 2006, 1:29pm

Sorry to bother you on this, but I've noticed how close the Brazilian map color is to Chile's. If things work out as they've been planned, that's going to cause some confusion down the road. If you would, switch it to the green that Brazil is so known for (on the shield part of the Imperial seal.)

Wednesday, May 24th 2006, 10:01pm

Problem: That green is almost identical to South Africa's color.

How's this look instead?

Thursday, May 25th 2006, 2:24am

Better. Just so there's some differentiation.

Thursday, May 25th 2006, 3:56am

My main concern is to try and not repeat similar colors on the same continent. South America definitely has a greenish theme though!

Thursday, May 25th 2006, 5:14am

It is fitting, I think. With all the greenery and life in general.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 4:27pm

Color of China

I think it's now time to give China a color on the map.

What do you think about yellow ;-)))

In this case there could also be the possibility to correct the borders of china.

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 5:53am

OK, but it will be several days at least. Many complications, both technical and physical... Where are the main differences from the current map?

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 12:05pm

No problem.

As you can see on this map, Tibet is a province of China and no independent country. Otherwise the two countries on the different maps see themselves extremely similar.However i am still on the search for a more or less accurate historical map.

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 1:58pm

That's a post-Communist China invades Tibet map, though. I'm not sure what the correct boundaries of Tibet are at this time, but it is an independent country in 1931.

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 3:52pm

As Hrolf noted, Tibet is independent here; in OTL 1912-1951 it was de facto independent (and is likely more so - i.e. not participating in Chinese internal politics as they did in @ - here).