You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 29th 2005, 9:19pm

Not really a neutral zone, more like a "free passage corridor" I suppose. When I was drawing the outline for the US Pacific territories I kept it relatively close to the islands in question instead of gobbling up huge chunks of open ocean.

Friday, July 29th 2005, 9:36pm

Give it to meeeeeeeeeee!!!

... just kidding.

"Free passage corridor" eh? That mean that Kiribati and Pacifica are not free... so what is the fee for crossing the territory? 1000 USD + 5 USD per crewmember?
After all, we need to get the money to finance our weapons projects from somewhere.
... On second thought, I think we should close that gap; Travelling fees all over the Pacific zone!!
:-)

Friday, July 29th 2005, 9:42pm

Harlock on injustice

Oh, that just asks for piracy.
----------------------------------------------
I'll need to double check something for South America after I get home. I forgot to check Bolivia and Paraguay's border to see if the current Wesworld map is from before or after their 1932 war. As there was a little territorial exchange there...and I don't think that war will happen in 1932....or at least between those countries.

Friday, July 29th 2005, 9:50pm

Well we need to give him a good reason. :-)

Saturday, July 30th 2005, 6:29am

Ack!! I can't see the big version of the map! I only get a little red "X" in its place, even after refreshing and pressing Ctrl/F5.

Saturday, July 30th 2005, 7:13am

Gran Chaco?

I was right...late, but right. The Gran Chaco seems to be a disputed region between a very small Paraguay and Bolivia. I believe, historically it is seen as Bolivian, though Paraguay had settlements there. Bolivia had little interest in the area (do to its inhospitible nature) until they lost their coastline to Chile...at which time the Paraguay River was now the only means of getting to the Oceans. The final thing that set the two nations off was the spectualtion of oil in the Chaco (in 1928 oddly enough), which it has in minor quanties they discovered later.

I don't know if it is important enough in Wesworld to alter the map to reflect the historical per-war Bolivia and Paraguay, or to assume that the situation with South Africa "forced" Paraguay to take those lands by force earlier in history...or some other such thing that caused the change in territory to what we see at present. I doubt Bolivia and paraguay will have their war this time around since even if Bolivia had the port on the Paraguay River...they still have to get past South African held territory to make it to sea, and with the present South American Alliance system in effect, I doubt Bolivia and South Africa get along. The old speculation might drive a different kind of war, with different players, but I do know that Bolivia still has designs on getting its old coastline back (even today).

Saturday, July 30th 2005, 8:23am

Try it now, I re-uploaded it. It must have been corrupted or something.

Big Ass Map

Saturday, July 30th 2005, 9:51am

Yep it works now.

Sunday, July 31st 2005, 1:54am

I just noticed Isla de Margarita is not coloured Atlantian blue, the Island is part of Musaeus(Venezuela).

Sunday, July 31st 2005, 3:27am

Fixed

Sunday, July 31st 2005, 8:01pm

Still don't see the Danish Virgin Islands in the Carribean
(Real world, they are the U.S. Virgin Islands!)

Sunday, July 31st 2005, 8:25pm

Squeezed them in. I'm going to have to do a separate map for the Caribbean, its much too crowded.

Sunday, July 31st 2005, 9:14pm

Gran Chaco?

I've just sent you an impression and historical map of the area between Paraguay and Bolivia known as Gran Chaco. I don't know what Hooman or the Nordmark player had in mind for this area, but I thought I should send you the information about the historical setup anyway.

Chaco War Map

Sunday, August 7th 2005, 8:21pm

Do y'all want me to add the Gran Chaco area? Where else does the map need work?

Wednesday, November 23rd 2005, 11:03pm

Map's Back.

Everything looks golden at this moment, though you might want to run this by the new players now that we have some.

Friday, November 25th 2005, 10:05pm

One minor nitpick. When I played Iberia I renamed the island San Juan and the capital Puerto Rico, which makes more sense IMO. The other one is an early cartographer's error hich was never corrected. Well, in Wesworld it was! ;)

edit: Oh and Macau is also Iberian.

Saturday, November 26th 2005, 12:16am

OK, fixed it on the big map and will try and upload it later today.

Saturday, November 26th 2005, 1:04am

Were we going to alter Paraguay and Bolivia's borders to their pre-Chaco War state? Or just put up the Gran Chaco and call it disputed?

Saturday, November 26th 2005, 2:14am

I don't know enough about South American history to really say - my first response would be that neither Bolivia nor Paraguay appears to have suffered from South Africa's presence, so the historical status quo would be reasonable.

Saturday, November 26th 2005, 2:21am

Okay

Well here is a map of historical South America in about 1925.
Maybe this will help when combined with the Gran Chaco map.