You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 8:51am

Map bits heading your way Canis!

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 9:51am

OK, I think I have everything obvious done. I've put capital cities for countries, as well as a few important locations like Phuket, and the Japanese bases in the Antarctic.

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 10:26am

Could you combine Abyssinia and Somalia and rename it East African State please? I've called it this a few times now because of a distinct lack of anything more original.

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 10:35am

Sure, what's the capital?

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 10:49am

Still Addis.

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 11:25am

Acctually now that I notice I think Labrador is still Canadian, while only the island of Newfoundland is Nordish.
Orriginaly I think peng wanted the island to be double its size but we start getting into Atlantian type questions as to "does this make sence"?

I'd say ask Hooman however in reguards to Vinland and its final borders, just to be on the safe side.

Also another minor detail, Atlantian Antartica includes all of the Antartic peninsula(unless this is disputed?)
I suppose if the U.S. really wanted a small bit they could have the historical Palmer station.

I hate to nitpick at the map but I guess its best to be accurate as possible!

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 3:07pm

...so that's where those battlecruisers went! ^_^

Looks great, only thing I see is that (at least on the small map) the colors for Greece and Denmark are a little close.

Three cheers! :-)

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 3:28pm

Quoted

I've put capital cities for countries, as well as a few important locations like Phuket, and the Japanese bases in the Antarctic.

Thanks. Makes the map more interesting with those bases. ^_^

Quoted

Also another minor detail, Atlantian Antartica includes all of the Antartic peninsula(unless this is disputed?)

Makes life more interesting. :-)

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 5:15pm

Battlecruisers went where now?

Peter Island seems to be one of the British Virgin Islands.

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 7:39pm

India and environs look good.

I agree with Wes, I'm pretty sure Nordmark only had the island of Newfoundland and not Labrador.

The Yemen that includes Sana'a was historically independent at this time, and has been dealt with as such by me.

J

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 10:15pm

Quoted

Battlecruisers went where now?

:-)

BTW, surprised Rocky didn't notice, the capital of India should be Hyderabad.

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 10:25pm

Kongo(s)

Oh...I thought your were referring to some island or Antarctic base I missed.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 5:25am

Dont forget the Dutch African/South American colony's, lest we confuse them for new Philippino colony's and start an international incedent.

[SIZE=1]Pssst....Don't forget the tip of Atlantian Antartica![/SIZE]

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 6:35am

Sorry, I thought I had fixed Antarctica. What's wrong with the Dutch colonies? I changed the color for the Denmark and the Danish colonies, but not the Netherlands.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 7:12am

Acctually pay no attention to me, they are fine, I was working on the assumption that the Philippino's were still that off brown colour.......oops. Just the antartic tip and I can see no inconsistancy's.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 9:57am

Once we get the map finally sorted out, it might pay to make a sticky thread with a jpg version visible in the thread, along with links to the larger png files.

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 10:39am

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Monday, July 25th 2005, 12:00am

Use of this map in other places

Since the area around Chile seems to be secure, I've taken a cut down version of the Big Ass Map to show as well as tell what Chile holds in the Encyclopidia section as of 1928. Later I might show the disputes more clearly with Bolivia, Peru, and Argentina.

Monday, July 25th 2005, 12:22am

Found it

Fabian von Bellingshausen discovered Peter I Island (in Norwegian Peter 1.s øy) off West Antarctica on January 21, 1821. It takes its name after the Russian Czar Peter I. Ola Olstad made the first successful landing on February 2, 1929 and claimed the island for Norway. The claim is suspended under the terms of the Antarctic Treaty, like the claims to any other territory south of 60°S. The other Antarctic territory claimed by Norway is Dronning Maud Land.

The island has an area of 243 km² and reaches a height of 1755 metres on Lars Christensen Peak and is also an extinct volcano. It lies at 68° 50' South,90° 35'West, approximately 450 km from the coast of West Antarctica. It is surrounded by pack ice except for a brief period in late summer, and is 95% glaciated.

[SIZE=1]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.[/SIZE]
How do you have a "West Coast" of Antarctica? Isn't everything the North Coast?

Monday, July 25th 2005, 5:40am

Good idea, Itherko. Everyone please feel free to cut out areas as you see fit for your own purposes. I've added Peter I Island and should have it uploaded shortly.