You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 4:19am

Sorry about the Antarctic screwup. For some reason I want to paint Japan red instead of the lovely turquoise it should be. How's Pacifica look? Does it include Kiribati and Makin Island? Many of the Pacific islands are just no-name dots on the map, so its a bit more difficult to decide if such and such island is part of group A or B.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 4:30am

If they weren't no-name dots...where would the pirates hide?

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 5:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
So the Japanese have a SG program in Wesworld?

Probably... who knows? :-)
Actually, this was one episode I really like a lot. And since I couldn't really find exactly where it was supposed to be in the series, I just thought: "This is Wesworld. It could be in a different location than the one in the Stargate World."
It's just for fun and to have an additional article for that particular quarter.

Quoted

Sorry about the Antarctic screwup. For some reason I want to paint Japan red instead of the lovely turquoise it should be.

Shows you how the Americans look at the Japanese. If we were truly aggressive, then I would have changed my color to a dark red and make the Russian red lighter. The "Lovely Turquoise" (tm) clearly shows that we are the nice guys here and that we would never do anything violent and that we would never hurt anyone.
*Goes off to chop off some more heads* :-)

Quoted

How's Pacifica look? Does it include Kiribati and Makin Island?

Well it still misses a part of the territory. When you look at that post WW1 map here, it's the whole bit that is marked "Japanese mandate over former German Islands" (Mariannes, Pelews, Carolines and Marshalls) + Guam and the Gilberts. So the western part of the Kiribatis (the bit around Tarawa) is Japanese. I consider the islands on the eastern edge of the map to be US Mandate... Seems more logical... unless you do not want that island group.
And where the hell is Makin anyway?! (Oh I see... northern part of the Gilberts...)

Quoted

Many of the Pacific islands are just no-name dots on the map, so its a bit more difficult to decide if such and such island is part of group A or B.

I think that could be a reason why that sector around Hawaii is given as "Islands claimed by the U.S. and other Powers", just because it is not clear who truly 'owns' those islands.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 5:48am

How does this look?

As for the eastern islands, as long as no one else has a claim on them, I'll take them.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 6:03am

That's it. And you can always donate those islands to Pacifica.
:-)

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 6:14am

America likes to consider itself a generous nation...but not that generous!

Speaking of interesting discoveries, I believe the upcoming year will yield an equally interesting discovery for Professor Langford's expedition to Giza. The US and Japan may need to compare notes on their discoveries.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 6:31am

Quoted

America likes to consider itself a generous nation...but not that generous!

Well, someone did mention that "Many of the Pacific islands are just no-name dots on the map"... so why not be that generous? If it were hawaii, it would be different. Same as Wake Island where the US has a base...

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 7:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
So the Japanese have a SG program in Wesworld?

Probably... who knows? :-)
Actually, this was one episode I really like a lot. And since I couldn't really find exactly where it was supposed to be in the series, I just thought: "This is Wesworld. It could be in a different location than the one in the Stargate World."
It's just for fun and to have an additional article for that particular quarter.

DAVIS: Yes Sir! It's only about 50 miles out of McMurdo!
http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/transcripts/117.shtml

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
Speaking of interesting discoveries, I believe the upcoming year will yield an equally interesting discovery for Professor Langford's expedition to Giza. The US and Japan may need to compare notes on their discoveries.

I'm a little fuzzy on where/when the DHD was found.....just that it ended up in Russia post-WWII....

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 7:54am

The Germans found it in the 1930's, perhaps during their ill-fated attempt to locate another certain "artifact" in Egypt. The Russians took it after WW2.

Updated maps online with the revised Pacifica boundaries.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 7:57am

Thanks for the location. Now I have to find it... found it. What do you know... it actually is in my sector!! First Mt. Erebus and now this!
o_O
Doesn't say anything on the direction out of McMurdo...

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 8:00am

The Antarctic sector on the western edge is still in the hands of the Russians...

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 8:05am

Damn, I seem determined to give Russia a piece of Antarctica! Fixed.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 8:08am

Curse of the map...

It loads the map... and then it vanishes.
Strange...

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 8:09am

Got it now...
... really strange...
... BTW does the US have an interest in Penguinistan?

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 8:35am

Not really, at least not as far as claiming any area. I'm sure Byrd would want to try and explore it, but in Wesworld the Antarctic is rather heavily explored already so in 1928 he's going north by airship to land at the North Pole.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 6:47pm

Coldmere...

The red dot is where Coldmere should be:

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 7:09pm

Kristiansand/Coldmere? Nice place.

The Italian coastline on the Adriatic extends down to Dubronovik and gradually tapers against the Dolomites.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 7:16pm

Canis did I give you that map of Italy/Greece/Turkey?

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 7:44pm

The location of Coldmere was never clear, except that it was somewhere in the south so I just put it somewhere on the map.

Thursday, July 21st 2005, 8:11pm

Is Danzig a Free City as well in Wesworld?