You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 4:27pm

Sorry, but i didn't know that. In this case Tibet is natural an own country.

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 4:46am

A few questions about the map...

Italy has a huge chunk of Yugoslavia which is called "Serbia" on the map. Does this need to be reconciled with Marek's Yugoslavia?

How did Byzantium come into existence?

Finally, how did Greece get a chunk of Turkey?

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 4:58am

I think I can answer these...

Quoted

A few questions about the map...

"Italy has a huge chunk of Yugoslavia which is called "Serbia" on the map. Does this need to be reconciled with Marek's Yugoslavia? "

Italy seems to have taken part of Yugoslavia in an aborted attempt of conquest of some sort in the early 1920s. I don't recall if the coastline was ever returned, or if the military commander of the Italian forces was canned for this action. I don't know how or if Marek has noticed that his coastline and territory are smaller in that area, or if the map needs to be altered again in the Balkans.

"How did Byzantium come into existence?"

Altantean Mandate from the Great War. It seems with the additional forces in the Med. the Allies managed to force their way onto the Otttoman Empire. Byzantium was given the choice of staying with Atlantis, returning to Turkey or going out on its own. It decided the later...and is an important strategic location between the Med and the Black Sea.

"Finally, how did Greece get a chunk of Turkey?"

Similar to the Atlantean Mandate save the Greeks didn't give theirs to anybody and are likely populating the region. Italy also had a Mandate but has returned or transfered all of its share.

Thursday, July 27th 2006, 5:27am

Interesting, thanks.

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 2:17am

"A QUESTION"

Canis - is it OK is I post the small map on the ah.com boards?

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 4:01am

I have no objections. Granted, its mainly a redrawing of work done by others to begin with...

BTW, updated it a bit with colors for the new PC countries like Argentina, China, etc... I made China and Tibet two slightly different shades since I'm not entirely sure of Tibet's status. Looks like we're rapidly running out of major "grey" countries. The biggest one looks like Afghanistan. Not exactly a major power with any sort of navy...

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 9:54am

Map

Hi Canis,

where can i find the latest version of the map ???

China is grey ? Not yellow ???? ;-))))

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 3:39pm

I assume that he uses the same links for the two maps.
Smaller Big Ass Map
The Big Ass Map

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 4:53pm

Thanks !!!!

Canis, good work, as usual ;-)

I thought we have fixed, that Tibet is an independent country in wesworld. On the other side i would naturally be happy if it is a part of china ;-))))))))

Thursday, August 3rd 2006, 5:40pm

Quoted

On the other side i would naturally be happy if it is a part of china ;-))))))))

While it looks like a separate nation, the color suggests that it is one of China's client nations. The fearsome Tibettan Navy.

Thursday, September 14th 2006, 3:58pm

More work for you, Canis: changing the color of Austria and erasing the border between Germany and Austria.

Thursday, September 14th 2006, 11:22pm

OK, I'll get on it. I can change Tibet back to NPC grey as well.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Friday, September 15th 2006, 8:27am

I think you needn't change the colour ot tibet ;-)

Tibet is no Chinese puppet state, however it leans against its strong neighbours in the north. Also the tibetanian population consists to the majority of Chinese, who see with pleasure like their native country grow and prosper. Also the voices in Tibet become louder, which wish a reunification with China.

Friday, September 15th 2006, 12:17pm

Now, now, at this point the population of Tibet is not mostly Chinese, that's something that's happened since the Chinese conquest of Tibet in the 1950s. And Tibet doesn't need to lean against anyone, it's mosty inaccessible because of the mountains around it and its altitude.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Friday, September 15th 2006, 1:42pm

You are only partially right......

The declaration of independence from 1913 became effective according to international law never from Chinese view, since it was ever recognized neither by China nor by any other state.
from wikipedia

".....Millions of files in both Chinese and Tibetan recording historical facts over more than seven centuries are being kept in the archives of Beijing, Nanjing and Lhasa. No government of any country in the world has ever recognized Tibet as an independent state.
British Foreign Secretary Lord Lansdowne, in a formal instruction he sent out in 1904, called Tibet "a province of the Chinese Empire." ....:"
from http://www.index-china.com/index-english/Tibet-s.html

The claims of both the People's Republic of China to Tibet, which are generally recognized by nations having diplomatic relations with the government, are based on the Qing Empire having exercised once suzerainty over Tibet and of never having renounced this authority. This is important to the Chinese governments because it establishes a history of rule over Tibet as well as providing a legal theory of Chinese rule of Tibet under international law, albeit one which is disputed by supporters of Tibetan independence.

That the Qing Empire once exercised suzerainty over Tibet is not in doubt: the Qing Empire occupied Tibet throughout the 18th century and signed treaties with Great Britain in which Britain recognized Chinese suzerainty over Tibet. However, a few pro-Tibetan independence supporters argue that suzerainty does not equate with sovereignty and that Tibet therefore should not be part of China.
also from wikipedia

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 1:22pm

So I was thinking... don't you need to add Skull Island to the map, Canis?

Sunday, September 24th 2006, 4:22am

Perhaps I should have an area in the eastern Indian Ocean that says "Here there be monsters!" I think the exact location of the island is still a bit of a mystery, and if you remember the sequel to King Kong, Son of Kong, the island won't be there much longer anyhow...

Sunday, September 24th 2006, 10:05am

Quoted

I think the exact location of the island is still a bit of a mystery

Is that so? From Wikipedia:

Quoted

In King Kong, Skull Island is a long island, located at approximately 90 degrees East and 2 degrees South - somewhere off the coast of Sumatra.

... which I think is good enough for the Wesworld, right?
*Watches scientists from all over the world rush toward the coordinates*
:-)

Wednesday, October 4th 2006, 1:49am

Updated the maps. Modified Germany to include Austria, made Siam independent, added Skull Island. Thought about adding Lagos Island in the Marshalls (Original home of Godzilla before he was nuked) but had no clue where it was in the chain plus I figured he hasn't been discovered yet.
Big Ass Map png
Smaller Big Ass Map jpg

Wednesday, October 4th 2006, 4:33am

The next update can remove the Atlantean mandate and repalce it with the Byzantine republic. The western portion of the mandate (west of the Bosperous) reverts to Turkish control.