You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 4th 2003, 5:02pm

Italian styling

http://www.geocities.com/red_admiral_italy/tigre.jpg

Is this better? I mean, does it look more Italian?

Friday, July 4th 2003, 5:57pm

I can't get into it yet. Will I find it by navigating to your home page?

Friday, July 4th 2003, 6:12pm

You can get to it by, in your browser, copying the text of the link (http://www.geocities.com/red_admiral_italy/tigre.jpg in this case) opening the File-manu, and choosing Open, pasting in the URL-text, and hitting Enter. Clicking on a direct link to a file on Geocities will never work, because Geocities will pretend the file does not exist (to reduce bandwidth-consumption); using the above described method will circumbent this.

Friday, July 4th 2003, 6:14pm

Red Admiral
What scale do you use for your pictures ? I got the impression with the picture of the Fransesco Caracciolo that the scale is 1.43265 pixels per foot (reasonably close to the 1.27887 pix/ft I use for my pictures).

Just curious.

Walter

Friday, July 4th 2003, 10:34pm

well

In my opinion they still look very British and Japanese but i think your latest picture is your best so far. I'm not fond of the bow but I prefer a North Carolina style bow myself, its all a matter of preferance. I like the layout of the secondary's. I tend to sound critical but thats because I play close attention to detail with my designs and I went through 3 bridge designs on my new battleships before I got it to look good in my eyes.
I prefer a British style bridge but the layout of my guns and the fact that I wanted it to look original made me go towards a bridge more like the Italian and german ships.

Friday, July 4th 2003, 11:10pm

To be honest, she looks American to me - Iowa-style twin funnels (less the caps), control tower, and secondary layout (minus a turret on each side). This is fine if it's a style you like; you're Italy, so you decide what looks Italian.

From a technical standpoint, I'd like to know why "B" turret isn't super-firing. From an aesthetic point of view, I'd appreciate her more if the superstructure were closer to amidships, and I'd make the stern non-perpendicular, but that's just me nit-picking.

Will you be putting together a top view? I'm curious to see her hull shape.

If I can make a request, I'd like to see a line drawing of the Taranto, as I'll working on a super cruiser design of my own over the next few weeks. It'd be interesting to compare the two.

J

Saturday, July 5th 2003, 7:37am

Scale is 1 pixel : 200mm.
B turret isn't super firing because there is no need. There is a lot of seperation so B turret could fire over A turret at about 30 degrees elevation. Not having the turret superfiring also makes stability better.
The stern is a transom to increase speed a bit, but it will have a minus on fuel economy.
I'll find my pic of MM Taranto and put it online. She looks very like Alaska.
I'll try to do a plan view of Tigre sometime today but probably won't get time. oh yes and a scale bar.