You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 4:50pm

Just a question that finally worked it's way to me fingers, but if you are replacing 50% or 75% of a vessel as a result of a re-build or a re-construction, can you recycle the parts that have been cut away??

It make sense in my mind!

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 5:01pm

Well it should be obvious that you can turn the cut away bits into razor blades. :-)

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 5:09pm

I've always found that OBVIOUS things tend to come back to haunt you, so I am just being carefull!

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 5:18pm

It might be reasonable to expect scrap value for it (15% of total materials used). I can't see it being any higher, as the stuff being replaced is all old, worn-out junk.

I'd assume the usual scrapping rules applied, then:

Q1: You take 200 t of old stuff out of the ship, and put 200 t of new stuff into the ship.

Q2 & Q3: Your industry digests the old stuff.

Q4: 30 t of that old stuff is regurgitated as useful materials.

Thoughts from other folks?

Kinda wish this had come up earlier, given how many refits I'm doing these days.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 6:16pm

Sounds like fun. Might make those dreadnought reconstructions slightly less painful.

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 6:51pm

For what I have planned for the Vaerge CL's, it wouldn't hurt, i can tell you!!

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 9:16pm

Seems ok to me, [SIZE=1]man I'm startin to sound like a broken record lol[/SIZE], I have a mass of refits that will be made easier with these new rules.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 11:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
Just a question that finally worked it's way to me fingers, but if you are replacing 50% or 75% of a vessel as a result of a re-build or a re-construction, can you recycle the parts that have been cut away??

It make sense in my mind!

I can´t help but think I´ve heard this question before.... Somewhere... Probably in a pub in Dublin lately... ;)

(Thanks again for the fun and your little gift. I really enjoyed it. Greets to D.)

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 6:46pm

You're more than welcome sir!

And the cost of the gift is far outweighed
by the volume and quality of Intell aquired from you
whilst in a drunken state!!!!!

Who want's odds on the next WesWorld conflict???
I'm offering bets on time, location and nations!!!!

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 7:06pm

Somebody talks too much when he's tipsy, eh? Good thing he doesn't know of my latest Persian Gulf invasion plans.

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 7:30pm

Hey I didn't get tipsy when we met Rocky, allthough I must say you had some interesting idea's at the time.

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 7:42pm

Bad news guys...

If you hope to get secrets from me using that way, it won't work.
I don't drink. :-P
BTW, bribes do work.
$$$
:-)

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 8:07pm

No secret spilling on the invasion front here!
same here - unless you can get drunk on O'Douls
(glass of wine before bed doesn't count)

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 8:39pm

Quoted

No secret spilling on the invasion front here!

You just gave away the secret!! :-)

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 9:09pm

Ah, but he also gives misinformation.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, August 17th 2005, 10:02am

Who says I was drunk? Me never gets drunk. Never. And when I never get drunk I never give away secret information.

Don´t believe the Danish (Irish) propaganda! ;)

(Bad thing with this internet is that people are so far away from each other. Otherwise some kind of user meeting with all of us would be interesting...)

Wednesday, August 17th 2005, 10:40am

Yes that would definately be interesting for sure!

Wednesday, August 17th 2005, 12:13pm

That's a great idea, but I fear the execution of it would be problematic in the extreme!

Memories of that M.A.S.H. episode where B.J. was trying to organise the gathering of their loved ones back in the States while they were still in Korea spring to mind!

Wednesday, August 17th 2005, 3:40pm

Yes, it could be interesting...

...at least until we reached critical mass...
O_O

altho, IRL, I'm not comfortable in groups :-/

Tuesday, November 15th 2005, 10:58am

Bump.