You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 12:51am

And the answer is..............

Ok, Real Life (tm) has sorted itself out and the following are the votes of the Danish jury....

1 - Denmark will continue as is in the world we all know and love as WesWorld.

2 - Iberia will continue under my exclusive control, (bear in mind am running a little behind!), from 1927 onward.

3 - as to the Real World (tm) interference, the house we were looking at in Finglas fell through due to the Insurance company FUCKING up royaly (excuse the French!), so we ended back on the hunt again. Today I saw 4(3) properties, 3 in Lucan and 1 in Finglas. Saw the first in Lucan (not great!), couldn't see the second due to the owners NOT leaving the keys with the estate agent, and an hour later saw the third house, which I placed a bid on, due to it's overall appeal. Maybe????.

Came home to have a bite to eat before heading out to see the 4th house of the day in Finglas, not far from the one we got shafted on. Saw it (not bad!) and started for home, bus dropped me at the top of O'Connell St. ( the main street in the city, like Oxford St in London!), and as I'm walking down the street my phone rings. I answer to hear the voice of Declan, the estate agent agent for the 3rd house in Lucan.
"Hello David, Declan here"
Hi Declan, what can I do for you?"
"I just want to confirm your bid of E325,000 on 5 Colthurst Road in Lucan"
" Yeah, that's what said to Irene earlier"
OK, then. Well it gives me great pleasure to tell you that your bid has been accepted by the vendors"
"What????????"
"The house is yours if you want it!!"
"Ehhh.......Taken, Done, Mine......what do you want me to say?"
"That's more than confirmation. So we will see your wife on saturday?"

Guys, I have just bought a house and the other half hasn't seen it yet!!

Do I dice with death or what?????

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 12:57am

Well, either she'll be happy to have a new house, or we're going to need to find a new player for Denmark and Iberia, after a suitable period of mourning of course.

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:06am

Quoted

Banzai!

Quoted

2 - Iberia will continue under my exclusive control, (bear in mind am running a little behind!), from 1927 onward.

Banzai!

Quoted

Ba...

Somebody likes to live dangerously. Looks like a nice place though - it's got a lawn.

If I can be of any assistance while you catch up, let me know. And let us know if you'd like a breather before we do start 1928 in earnest.

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:07am

I still don't know which end of me is up, so a breather would be appreciated!!!!

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:11am

public service

Up is the end that doesn't hit the ground like a brick. Or opposite where all your change ends up if you are confused in an airplane.

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Up is the end that doesn't hit the ground like a brick. Or opposite where all your change ends up if you are confused in an airplane.

You NEED help, of the expensive psychological kind!!!!

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:33am

Doomed...doomed I tell you!

Quoted

Oh, good!

Quoted

Oh, good!

Quoted

3 - Guys, I have just bought a house and the other half hasn't seen it yet!!

Oh, crap!

Well, it was nice knowing you.

^_^

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:34am

Quoted

Oh boy, I think I'd rather get shot up by those Iberian Torpedo's than be in THAT predicament. Hopefully the Mrs. likes the place.

Speaking of the Mrs. how long have you two been together? If you've been together long enough you can always pray you know her personal taste better than anyone else!

As for Iberia/Denmark we are more than willing to hold the phone while you catch up/work things out.

What about the CT ammendments, can we assume that RA will fill the acting role of Iberian/Danish delegates at the talks?

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 2:10am

Quoted

You NEED help, of the expensive psychological kind!!!!

And this is my therapy session.

Actually its my strange sense of humor, but one gets that if they grow up on Monty Python and Mel Brooks.

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 4:29am

Quoted

Do I dice with death or what?????

I hope you have written & signed instructions that say "OK to buy without me seeing it". If you don't then I'll nominate you for a 'Darwin Award' for a spectacularly stupid way of removing yourself from the gene pool! ; )

Your only chance of survival - do you get a cooling off period?

If you survive then congratulations (on the house, not avoiding Darwinism! - you could still get an honorable mention). How does that song go...

I owe, I owe, its off to work I go...

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 9:18am

Good news

Good to have you back, CG.

(And good luck with your wife! ;o))

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 10:19am

It's alright, I'm not in that much danger!!!
She gets to have a look on Saturday morning when she hands over the deposit cheque, so she has final "Yeah or Nay" on it!!

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 1:45pm

Congrats Sir.

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 6:38pm

Quoted

What about the CT ammendments, can we assume that RA will fill the acting role of Iberian/Danish delegates at the talks?

Sadly I don't have time anymore. Just started a new job which takes up a lot of time. CG will have to negotiate himself, but i think IID will have a common position. My own negotiating strategy will be "different", but not japanese style.

Providing tother half likes the house, it seems like a good buy.