You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 8:32am

well that explains why you can't see it on most top veiw pictures of Wasp. Its also very similar to a deck parking system I've seen, IIRC the Americans also tried to use this small T to park aircraft further outboard on the flight deck to maximize their deck park capability's.

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 1:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Perhaps it has something to do with the weight of a side elevator on an already heavy deck, plus the cut in the side of the support structure for the planes in the hanger (hangers in this case) to access that elevator?

The latter. The Forrestals were able to manage having four big holes on their strength deck due to sheer size and fancy structural design(the nature of which was not explained - on purpose).

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 2:29pm

The only problem I have with Europa's deck edge 'vator is that it seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul - you've eliminated a hole in the deck armour - now you've got one in the belt, instead.

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 3:27pm

The 3rd lift only serves the upper hangar, not the lower so there is no hole in the belt armour.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, June 25th 2005, 10:58am

So we´ve discussed the carrier design in length. Will you use some of the input and modify your design, the deck edge elevator for example?

Saturday, June 25th 2005, 12:23pm

I'll remove the elevator for the moment. Go for "Fitted for, but not with"

Thats about the only change though.