You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 8:31pm

In anticipation of Q4...

Read back to some of the early 1927 news and you'll see reference to the "Silver Crescent", a forum that India and Turkey are setting up to discuss issues relevant to the Muslim world.

The first meeting is to take place in Q4; Wes and I would like to invite other PCs with links to the Muslim world to take part. Both of us have story arcs to further, and you're welcome to get involved if applicable. Alternately, you can instead use this opportunity to launch your own stories. Either way, it does offer an opportunity to interact with countries you might not normally be involved with.

If you do take part in the meeting, we'll tell you what's on the agenda and provide the basic particulars of the meeting. If you do the same, we can include your stuff in the subsequent news stories.

As for NPCs, we'll make judgement calls on whether they'd attend or not

(Now, if this pans out, I'm tempted to start an Iberian-language equivalent just to see what happens when the Filipinos, Chileans, Argentines, and Iberians all enter the same room...)

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 8:48pm

As (as we saw with SALSA) the Philippines has a large Muslim population in Mindanao, they will gladly attend.

Quoted

(Now, if this pans out, I'm tempted to start an Iberian-language equivalent just to see what happens when the Filipinos, Chileans, Argentines, and Iberians all enter the same room...)

Sounds like it'd be quite the corral, O.K. ^_^

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 9:13pm

In fact, put the Filipinos and the Iberians in the same room, and the result might look something very much like this . ;-)

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 9:35pm

It be fair, the Chileans still speak Spanish, not Iberian, with hints of the native languages thrown in places. (Part of the independence movements way of "thumbing their noses at the Iberians")

(And the Chilean-Argentinian deligations might also result in..."Charlie Foxtrot")

No Muslims in Chile in this time period that I can tell.

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 6:43am

Atlantis itself has a moderate Muslim population in Autochthon (West Africa). I still have news to post from Atlantis/Turkey so perhaps I can speed up the introduction of the Silver cresent?

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 7:27pm

The Danish Government's Department of Cultural Affairs will be co-ordinating delegates from Guinea Bisseu, Liberia, Danish Somalia, and Denmark itself, and the Siamese will also have delegates in attendance.

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 9:52pm

I'm making a list as we speak of participating nations.

Post your interest!!

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 10:07pm

I'd love to crash... I mean join the party, but Japan has no Muslim population to deal with.

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 10:47pm

Russia and France are interested

France, due to her North African colonies, and Russia due to her position in Central Asia and the Caucasus.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 3:24am

The SAE will not participate....

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 8:02am

Quoted

The SAE will not participate....

Big surprise! I wonder why? :-)

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 9:52am

Most of the British colonies left are Muslim populated, so the UK will be there too.

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 12:13pm

The list is growing...

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 1:17pm

*poof*

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 5:14pm

Are me and Hooman the only ones not participating??

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 5:35pm

Chile's not going. As far as I know there are no Muslims in Chile in 1927. And if they are they would probably have been run out by the Catholics.

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 5:53pm

Italy isn't. And Liberia is ruled/owned by Iberia, not the USA.

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 7:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Italy isn't. And Liberia is ruled/owned by Iberia, not the USA.

My post edited to show that! (Still coming to grips with Ibeia's many territories!!)

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 7:22pm

I'd thought we'd switched Liberia's ownership to reflect its origins and to compensate for the lack of overseas possessions of the United States in the Pacific. Also to cause potential conflict between the United States and the other Atlantic Powers.

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 7:27pm

A while back it was agreed that Liberia would be an American "territory". Having it be Iberian makes little to no sense.