You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 27th 2005, 8:20pm

Might be a drydocked for a few weeks...

I've got to have eye surgery next week to vaporize some annoying blood vessels that have decided to pop. Right now I have a map of the Great Lakes in my right eye's field of vision thanks to blood in the eye. Its another fun result of being diabetic. So, I might be a bit slow with some things over the next few weeks depending on how things go, apparently it requires 2-3 treatments several days apart.

Friday, May 27th 2005, 8:43pm

Ouch, get outta that drydock soon!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, May 27th 2005, 9:45pm

Uh, Canis, good luck to you and hopefully you´ll be back here soon!

Friday, May 27th 2005, 10:21pm

I'll be here, just might not be typing any long thoughtful posts, etc... Maybe they'll give me an eye patch! You think pirates in Wesworld are bad now, just wait until I replace the stars and stripes with the skull and crossbones! ARRRRRRR!!!

Friday, May 27th 2005, 10:27pm

I assume the skull will have starry eyes and the crossboens will have a stripy motive.
:-)

Friday, May 27th 2005, 10:29pm

Eye surgery...doesn't sound like fun. The closest thing I'd be willing to do is Lasex of my vision.

However...with a patch and a nice scar on your left check, you could probably pass for Harlock.

Friday, May 27th 2005, 10:31pm

Quoted

However...with a patch and a nice scar on your left check, you could probably pass for Harlock.

I was afraid to even mention that name... because I knew you would.
:-)

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 1:42am

Ouch!

To help speed your recovery, I wanted to send you some chicken noodle soup...

...but the stupid chicken hasn't laid a single noodle!

Best wishes, and shoot me a PM when you're up to it, I have a few "ideas" to discuss. :-)

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 5:08am

Hope you're better quickly

We need both military-naval behemoths in this game!

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 6:37am

A friend of my mother had the same problem and had the procedure I'm supposed to have. It doesn't sound like too much of a big deal. They just zap the inside of the eye with an argon laser. Only minor pain apparently if at all. The most annoying thing is the splotches in my vision right now. I keep wanting to clean my glasses, but that's not where the problem is! :)

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 9:44am

Quoted

I keep wanting to clean my glasses, but that's not where the problem is! :)

... you can always try and think that it has worked for the time being.

Saturday, May 28th 2005, 8:07pm

Best of luck, and get well soon!

Sunday, May 29th 2005, 1:23pm

Quoted

They just zap the inside of the eye with an argon laser

They 'just' do WHAT?

Best of luck and get well soon. I'm sure the USN will return with excellent optical firecontrol and a new fangled laser range finder... Greece will come with chequebook ; )

Cheers,

Monday, May 30th 2005, 3:09pm

Best wishes for a speedy and spot-free recovery. I will look forward to further anti-democratic activity in the USA

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 1:09am

Had my first round of surgery today, 500 or so laser blasts in my right eye. Not too much pain, just a periodic sting as a blast hit a nerve in the eye. Can't see all that great right now, so I'll be offline for the rest of the night. It was a very colorful experience. For awhile it was like wearing 3D glasses, everything in my right eye was red, my left eye was normal. Looked sort of cool! Round 2 is in three weeks, then a final round a few weeks later to see if there was anything they missed.

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 1:53am

Glad to hear things wern't too bad.

I'm kinda nearsighted in my left eye, and one or two "floaters" bug me every once in a while...but no steenkin' way I'm ever having anyone deliberaty shooting lasers into my eyeball, thankyaveddymuch. :eek:

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 7:42am

I'm legally blind in my left eye, reading the "E" on the chart is about the best I can do so there is no way I'll risk destroying my right eye with laser surgery till its success rate is practically 100%.

No "eye full o northern lights" for me!!

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 10:51am

Well, it was either get this laser surgery or go blind in my case. Eventually the blood vessels would let go big time and that would be pretty much it.

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 1:55pm

Pretty easy choice then, I reckon.

Friday, June 3rd 2005, 9:57pm

Im nearsighted and Id prefere laser to knife.

Good to know your better.:-)