You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 9:50pm

Where's Kaiser?

hmm?

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:12am

Saw him on the design board the other day. He was soliciting bids for what pretty much had to be a 1928 German treaty BB.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:37am

We need only look at the members list to see if people are still around. Kaiser has been dropping in and as Rocky pointed out - Germany is looking at a 1928 BB design. Looking at the member list, RAM hasn't visited - let alone posted since February (lost to 'Navalism'?) and Gravina hasn't been here since late December 2004 (possibly running GB and all that infrastructure is too much for one).

Cheers,

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:47am

RAM hasn't been at Navalism of late either - I believe he was having one of his periodic busy times.

I believe Wes has tried unsuccessfully to contact Gravina. That's too bad, not only because I like what he was doing, but because I wanted to talk about story arcs with him.

I assume Kaiser will stop lurking sooner or later, but until then I'd just assume it's business as usual in Germany.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 6:17am

Well, considering what German COULD be doing, the quieter the better! :) I PM'ed him last week and got a response, so he's around.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:12am

I think we can all agree that Gravina is MIA, perhaps we need a replacement player?

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:55am

If I could make a suggestion.

Split Empire into 3 players. This is run by committee effectively - not far from RL ; )
-Canada
-UK
-NewZealand/Australia

Treat as three players linked by treaty but they run their own infrastructure/building. If one drops out the other two could pick up the slack.

I don't want to run one of the countries but I'd like to test and develop thisl (early draft) by optimising for UK style ships.

I think the three individuals should be new players and not be already running a country here.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 8:57am

I kinda like the idea, allthough I think the most experienced of the three players should likely run Britain.

The benifit to this too is to remove some NPC's that really wouldn't be invaded unless one wanted to prevoke Britain. This idea gives them a voice and realisticall links them with britain and her decisions.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 9:22am

I would assume their navy would be treated as one body, not three as far as Cleito?

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 9:24am

That sounds about right to me....

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 11:34am

Replacing the Brits

It might be tough rounding up three players to replace Gravina, but it would be good if we could get them.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 12:23pm

Given the the CT has GB at 20BB then I think we could come up with a suitable story line for a GB Navy of 14 (match the USN) and Canada and Australia 3 each. The rest split proportionately.

We would need to make things fit (the PI's leased ship could come from Canada) but still keep it flexible enough for someone fresh to pick up.

Cheers,

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 4:42pm

Perhaps Parliment has come up with a radical way to reduce local expenses by making the Dominions more independant, and "contracting out" military areas of control. Would be used as a story point in 1928, perhaps in conjunction with the proposed CT talks and the potential revived Germany.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:29pm

The probelm with RAM is his connection at university. The firewall will not let him onto this site.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:44pm

"Mr Gorbachev, tear this wall down!!".....wait a minute wrong wall.......

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:47pm

TNT will do the job of removing the wall...
*Kaboom*
Connection terminated...
...permanently.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 8:01pm

There are ways around firewalls. Especially if you are trying to receive as oppose to someone else forcing their way in.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 8:17pm

Imperial commercial

Best tool to use to break down the firewall! This antique bomb will blow it up with ease!

Available at your local weapons dealer.
Today's action only! Buy two for the price of one!
XD

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 12:54am

Id be willing to take over Australia, or Canada.

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 2:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Best tool to use to break down the firewall! This antique bomb will blow it up with ease!

Available at your local weapons dealer.
Today's action only! Buy two for the price of one!
XD

Piping hot BLAM served daily! ^_^