You are not logged in.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, May 3rd 2005, 4:03pm

Eternal Ice Soccer League (EISL)

It´s been a while since there was the last game of the EISL....

Is anybody planning for a new round or two?

Tuesday, May 3rd 2005, 9:43pm

?????

What am I missing here??

Tuesday, May 3rd 2005, 10:03pm

Antartic Games

You should have sent the team down with the Indians...you to could have played the first extreme Soccer match on the seventh continent.

Thursday, May 5th 2005, 3:41am

Been there, done that:

Quoted

28 February 1923

The Meteorological Survey of India’s Antarctic mission has ended three weeks early, after its ship was damaged in a collision with pack ice. Kamal Pashira, the survey’s director, said, “The ship and crew were in no immediate danger but we played it safe anyway and sent the ship to Durban for repairs.

The dispatch to Durban was not surprising, as the ship made a brief stop in late December to the South African port to take on a small scientific team from the University of Durban. “It was an excellent opportunity to expand the mission to include flora and fauna studies”, enthused Mr. Pashira. “The South African team came aboard to examine the aquatic and avian populations of the Antarctic and we found some potentially interesting connections between their work and our climate observations.”

Not all of the mission was spent strictly on work. “On New Year’s Eve many of the crew boated over to a large floe and celebrated with a football game between the South African researchers and a team of Indian scientists and crewmen. I’m sad to say that although India scored twice late in 1922, the South Africans came back with four goals in 1923 to win by a final score of 4 to 3.”

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, May 5th 2005, 10:09am

Yeah, I remember the Shamilla game - but that was 4+ years ago...

I expected some other teams to play their games too but as it is the region in question has become relatively quite lately. Everybody is focusing on the BOOM-ing Filipinos as it seems.... ;o)

Thursday, May 5th 2005, 12:21pm

The Japanese Antartcic Team (JAT) are too serious and too busy to play any games.

Thursday, May 5th 2005, 4:45pm

And the Chileans have not yet orginized an exploration team...much less an polar soccer team.

Friday, May 6th 2005, 4:26am

The Philippines intends to begin exploring its little chunk of Penguinistan when the 1928 Polar Exploration Ship is completed.

Friday, May 6th 2005, 7:48pm

Quoted

Penguinistan

Somehow, I have the feeling that you have put a pro-Filipino Pengident in command to rule that area.

Friday, May 6th 2005, 8:29pm

Naw...Regional Governors work just as good. Plus you already have plenty of black and white troopers locally.