You are not logged in.

Thursday, March 17th 2005, 8:32am

Actually, this is something that I saw coming the moment the >24 knots was agreed upon. One can take a 2,000 ton ship at 24.01 knots (which is >24 knots) and make it much more powerful than it actually can be.

Quoted

I propose to maintain the status quo.

I assume that you have a ship design ready that is similar to Hooman's Ringhorn.
:-)
... but if all of you are that eager to build such ships... I won't stop you. I think I will design a few of my own then.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, March 17th 2005, 9:20am

Hmmm... So your formula would not only solve the problem of low HS but also of transom sterns. Your ship would have to be designed to a migher speed to be allowed to use a transome stern.

Using your DD as example:

A ship with her dimensions has to have a speed of at least 27,7kn to be allowed a low HS and a speed of at least 31,9kn to be allowed a transome stern....

Interesting. Gimme some time to play around with it. I´m curious to what results this will lead us.

Of course, we will make further use of the rules we have so far as long as not anybody agrees to a change of rules. I´m with Swamphy here. However, if your rule turns out to be good I may use it for my own designs.

Thursday, March 17th 2005, 10:08am

If it is, then I will start using it as well it.

Thursday, March 17th 2005, 11:26am

If you and Hoo agree on it then I think we can ink it in as a standard rule.