You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 16th 2003, 7:07pm

Iberia territory

Hi folks

I recently stumbled upon a place I literally forgot to claim: Macao. Anybody got a prob with me claiming it?

cheers

Bernhard

Monday, June 16th 2003, 7:15pm

Macao ?! What's that ? Can you eat that ? :-)

Regarding territories, I think you'd better ask Wes since he is dealing with the map (as well as the Atlantean Navy and history of Atlantis and the territories of Atlantis and dealing with the duty as moderator of Wesworld). Maybe he has claimed that territory for Atlantis... Who knows.

Walter

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 1:01pm

Macao was a Portuguese colony in China, on the mainland, returned to China at the same time Hong Kong was returned. With Portugal part of Iberia in this sim, I see no problem with Macao being Iberian.

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 4:43pm

Hmmm. So I might have been looking at the right Macao of the possible 4 on the list of the Encarta Atlas. I assume it's the one some 60 kilometers west of Hong Kong.

I have no problems with Iberia in control of Macao either.

Walter

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 4:51pm

That would be it. It seems it is sometimes referred to as Aomen, also. Incidentally, when looking at out-of-date claims, it helps using out-of-date maps; I have a sneaking suspicion that this Encarta Atlas is annoyingly up to date

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 5:54pm

Well, it's old enough to show both Hong Kong and Macao still as colonies. But I mainly use it to check out traveling distances for my ships (Used to calculate how long it would take for my ships to reach As Salif along the North Yemen coast).

Walter

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 7:30pm

iberian claims

Well unfortunately all my maps are current and I can't seem to find older political maps. If anyone has em please E-mail them to me! I have however found macao and it seems to be not much bigger than your average sized greek Island or the korean Island of Cheju-do. Preatty tough for Iberia to defend but your welcome to it as no one really has claims on china, at least not yet (winks at roojin).