You are not logged in.

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 8:27am

I would say that there is a big difference between a WWI/post WWI plane and a V-1 rocket.
BTW did you take in account with your building plan that the second version is 21 tons heavier?
One other thing: "Main belt does not fully cover magazines and engineering spaces"

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 2:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
I would say that there is a big difference between a WWI/post WWI plane and a V-1 rocket.

I agree, but my point is in the amount of fire it takes to take down the "easiest" of targets, they didn't diviate at all from their flightpath, making it easy to calculate where they would be and when they would be there. It was like shooting those carnival ducks that just keep moving past at the same pace, on the same path EVERY time. (P.S. you miss because the guns they give you are for shite!!!)

Quoted

BTW did you take in account with your building plan that the second version is 21 tons heavier?

Yes, haven't adjusted the Q3 report yet because I was waiting for replies from the gathered cognescenti!

Quoted

One other thing: "Main belt does not fully cover magazines and engineering spaces"

Oops, don't know how that happened!
Edited to fix, Thanks!

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 3:40pm

Quoted

P.S. you miss because the guns they give you are for shite!!!

More likely that you do not use the proper routine to fire a gun:
- Relax.
- Aim gun.
- Take a deep breath.
- Hold your breath.
- Make sure your aiming at the right victim... I mean target.
- Become one with the gun.
- Gently squeeze the trigger.
- "Bang!"
- Watch your target drop to the ground.
- Cheer, celebrate and act like a fool till one in the morning. Just make sure that you are not pointing your gun at someone else during that time.

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 3:54pm

PS

I'm not sure how desparate you are to stick to that 4,000 tons mark, but the recent adjustment of the design puts you 4 tons over.
AAARRGGGHHHH!!! Great disaster!! Ship is 4 tons over the limit that the politicians set!! Almost 9,000 pounds over the limit!!!
O_O

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 4:47pm

Easily solved, put crew on diet!!

error corrected, missed it first time round, wonder where the 4 tons came from because when I took it off, nothing changed!

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 5:24pm

Quoted

Easily solved, put crew on diet!!

Assuming your ship has a crew of 340 men (who obviously are not included in the light , but that is besides the point), each member has to lose 26.4 pounds to get rid of 4 tons.
Assuming each crewmember weights about 180 pounds (about 80 kg), that'll leave them at 153.6 pounds (just under 70 kg). Do you think the crew will be happy if they are forced to go on a diet in order to adjust the numbers of the ship's displacement?
AAARRGGGHHHH!!! Great disaster!! The crews refuse to lose weight!! MUTINY!!!!!!
:-)

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 6:51pm

The US Navy publishes the "Clieto Wonder Diet" through the Naval Institute. $19.95 plus shipping and handling. :)

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 7:06pm

... any idea how much people earned back in those days?

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 7:59pm

make it $1.95 then.

Saturday, March 5th 2005, 8:13pm

I'll put 2 copies in each ship's library!!
That will keep the cost down!!