You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, May 14th 2003, 3:05am

Welcome back, Team!

Hi SIMers!

Welcome back in the Wesworld. We had to find a new home and this it is. I hope you´ll like it.

Have fun and enjoy the SIM,

HoOmAn

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 6:08am

lol

Wes world.....we need a better name!

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 4:41pm

Name of the World ?

How about Wilson's Magnificent World of Naval Warfare ?

Walter

Sailor Steve

Unregistered

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 8:46pm

The Sim

Hello all. This is the same old Steve Bradfield I've always been, but I'm using a name that's probably new to you. actually, I go by Sailor Steve almost everywhere I post EXCEPT Warships1, so that should explain that. I will of course still answer to Steve, or even Hey Stupid.

Anyway, I'll try to keep you advised of my status and best of luck with the new board.

HoOmAn

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 11:30pm

Welcome aboard, Sailor Steve...

Just curious: Why "sailor"?

Greets,

HoOmAn

Friday, May 16th 2003, 7:00am

It's alive! Alive!

Hey guys

The new board looks great: thanks for the sacrifice of time and sleep required to get it up and running on such short notice.

So, I take it we've removed aowwt from the proceedings. I dread the question, but will ask anyway: what're we doing with Italy and Germany?

J

Friday, May 16th 2003, 8:06am

hmmm

I am currently pondering that question. He now has too many enemy's to get any kind of serious alliance going for himself. We may find someone to take his place....something i wanted to avoid but....oh well here we go again!!!

Friday, May 16th 2003, 4:53pm

Italy and Germany

Having given it some thought, I could be willing to take on one of the two. I would make a few basic assumptions if the offer was taken up:

-Infrastructure and treaty allocations are retained as they are already posted.

-Naval designs and ship numbers are per historical, to start with. I don't recall seeing any changes from aowwt. I only just learned last night, incidentally, that Italy had actually launched a 15" battleship - Francesco Caracciolo - in 1920 but had to scrap her due to the original treaty.

-Existing diplomatic relationships are consistent with historical, where possible. I'm not aware of aowwt developing any agreements with other players, but would respect them if they are demonstrated to exist.

-There would not be any special relationship with India; the countries would be played as separate entities. The Indian-German relationship from my alt-history has been replaced with other relationships, while India and Italy have no mutual interests that I'm aware of.

J

Friday, May 16th 2003, 5:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Having given it some thought, I could be willing to take on one of the two. I would make a few basic assumptions if the offer was taken up:

-Infrastructure and treaty allocations are retained as they are already posted.

-Naval designs and ship numbers are per historical, to start with. I don't recall seeing any changes from aowwt.

It seems to me that there is some change with Germany, as aowwt posted that he had 230 points for infrastructure for Germany, and 30 factories, which would require that Germany had laid down 23 capital ships, and launched 20, between 01-01-1911 and 31-12-1920 - looking through my local librarys copy of Conway's All the world's Battleships indicates only 18 capital ships laid down, but 21 launched, in that period, which would give 180 points and 31 factories (and since Germany for the time being won't be building that much warships, there is going to be a lot of points going into infrastructure).

Sailor Steve

Unregistered

Friday, May 16th 2003, 5:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Just curious: Why "sailor"?

Greets,

HoOmAn

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2092544.jpg

Picture was taken in Manila Bay, Philipines, more than 30 years ago, but I still remember it fondly. Also, naval history is one of my big loves.

Steve

Friday, May 16th 2003, 5:21pm

So....

Did you shoot anything down that day ? :-)

Walter

Sailor Steve

Unregistered

Friday, May 16th 2003, 5:28pm

Ummm..................no. I was a radioman, and we were assigned to practice with the port .50 mount-the signalmen had the starboard gun. I got to shoot the thing exactly twice in one year, and mostly we just took each other's pictures (so I guess I did shoot someone).

Friday, May 16th 2003, 6:07pm

I hope your time behind the radio was more exiting than mine when I was in the army.

Walter

HoOmAn

Friday, May 16th 2003, 6:17pm

Another radioman!

Hi-ho!

I also served as a radioman (and driver). My place being in the HQ of the 51th artillery battalion. :o)

Friday, May 16th 2003, 6:32pm

Lucky three !

o_O

Wow !

Three men participating in the sim who operated a radio...

So... anyone else have experience as a radio operator ?

Walter

Friday, May 16th 2003, 7:56pm

lol

Ironically enough had i made different choices in my life back when i was in high school i would have had a summer job with the canadian military working with comunications outfit! I barely remember that part and i didn't go for it cause i just wanted to bum around with my freinds all summer.

harry the red

Unregistered

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 4:36pm

I’m starting to feel lonely in the Mediterranean, now that aowwt has been banished to Siberia due to his botched Coup d’Etat. I was so looking forward to dealing with him.

It seems the time I spent analysing aowwts past posts and his Reich Empire have come to nothing, my game plan and ship designs may also prove redundant. I just hope we can find another megalomaniac with a penchant for massive battle ships and a willingness to take up residents in the sunny Med.

Are there any takers for Italy at the moment?

By the way, good thinking guys on setting up this sight, I was getting a bit worried there.

HoOmAn I’m just wondering on how you got one of those thumbnail pictures next to your name wouldn’t mind setting one up for myself.

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 5:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by harry the red
By the way, good thinking guys on setting up this sight, I was getting a bit worried there.

HoOmAn I’m just wondering on how you got one of those thumbnail pictures next to your name wouldn’t mind setting one up for myself.

Shortly after receiving the email, I started saving threads en masse to my harddisk from the other place - better safe than sorry, was the operating motto just then.

To get one of those little pictures, click on the link-buttom "Profile" at the top of the board. In the next page, click on the link "Avatars", where you can easily add it. The avatar must be smaller than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size. That ship Ho0man has in his avatar is, I think, the SAE Royal Yacht.

HoOmAn

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 5:06pm

Your questions - my answers

Don´t feel too lonely in the Med. The Rock Doctor already expressed he could run Italy if necessary and there are some other options as well, Wes, Chris or I will take care of. Be assured, the strings behind the scene being pulled.

Thumbnails:

You first have to find/create a 90x90 pixel picture. Save it at your drive. Then click the "profile" button high on this board when logged in. There you´ll find a row called "Avatar". That´s what those tiny little pictures are called. There you´ll have to click "Yes" for using custom Avatars. Further more you´ll have to upload your little pic (Remember, that 90x90..... You got it.) and this should do. That´s it.

Hope this helps,

HoOmAn

HoOmAn

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 5:11pm

You´re right about the pic!

"That ship Ho0man has in his avatar is, I think, the SAE Royal Yacht."

Indeed, the royal yacht.

What about the picture you´re using, Peng?