You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 26th 2005, 3:40am

Jytlands-Posten, August 31th, 1926

Yesterday saw the conclusion of the trial of Minister of Defence, Christian Anders Zahle, when the court was re-convened by Justice Wolfsen for the delivery of the sentence.

The court was packed to capacity, with both the Indian and Siamese Ambassadors present, as well as Admiral Carl Christofer Georg Andrae and other members of the Navy High Command. All the national papers and radio broadcasters were present, with quite a few foreign correspondents here, signifying the level of international interest in this case.

The crowd were called to order as Justice Wolfsen entered the court-room. The Minister and Jan Olafsen with his defence team came to their feet, as did Crown Prosecutor Ronald Johannsen and his team.

"Christian Anders Zahle, do you have anything you wish to say before I pronounce sentence?" the judge asked.
The minister looked directly at the judge, and after a brief period answered in a quiet, faltering voice "No".

"Christian Anders Zahle, having been found guilty of the charges brought against you by a jury of your countrymen, and having failed to supply sufficient new evidence to warrant an appeal, it is my duty to pass sentence on you for your crimes."

"Christian Anders Zahle, I hereby sentence you to be taken from this place and incarcerated at His Majesty's pleasure in the Military Prison on the Island of Hesselo."

The minister swayed on his feet as the reality of his sentence sank in.

"Bailiffs, take the prisioner away",

The court's bailiffs placed the minister's hands in irons and took him from the court, his head hanging low and his shoulders hunched.

"The case is concluded, court is adjourned", and with a rap of the judge's gavel, so ended the free life of Christian Anders Zahle.

Saturday, February 26th 2005, 4:19am

Odd, I find it listed in places, but I can't find Hesselo on a map.

Saturday, February 26th 2005, 5:08am

Saturday, February 26th 2005, 5:16am

Oh I see. All the maps I found either didn't have that island labeled, or it was at the edge of the section map...so the lines covered that it even existed.

Saturday, February 26th 2005, 1:34pm

"The Philippines believes that Señor Zahle is lucky to be allowed to live, considering the enormity of his crimes."

The Foreign Minister, naturally, would have extradited him to India so he could be thrown to the tigers...