You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:28am

Which begs the question, why was the RAPE of Iberian territory permitted, when Nordmark was sacrosanct!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:33am

Ah, the famous Irish temper

I should know, having one myself.

...because it was decided that the U.S. should have "something" overseas, for additional roleplaying possibilities; because it (seemingly) makes no sense for Liberia to be Iberian; and because no-one objected at the time.

Now that this can o' nightcrawlers is open again, of course, it might be switched back...?

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:38am

folks, better be sure about this, or all relevant Iberian posts will be gone from this board. I will not tolerate this. Nothing like a backstab amongst "friends" right?

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:43am

Quoted

Originally posted by LordArpad
please cease and desist. Liberia is iberian and will remain such. Moderators please put an end to this.

Oh for petes sake Its Liberia.....

If its going to be this much trouble we'll make it independant.

Quoted

Originally posted by LordArpad
folks, better be sure about this, or all relevant Iberian posts will be gone from this board. I will not tolerate this. Nothing like a backstab amongst "friends" right?

I don't respond well to threats...or accusations. A more diplomatic tone will get you better results.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:46am

that is not the point. the point is that all of a sudden things are being messed around with without even asking my or the commodore's consent. At the time i did this nobody complained. Now all of a sudden ppl decide to change things because some newbies who entered the game agreeing to take this as they were decide that they don't like it?

Sorry, not with me. Make a decision and stick with it. Depending on the decision Iberia might remain part of the game or not.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:50am

and you may not respond well to threads or whatever. I do not respond well no non consensual activities. There are quite simply things I will not tolerate. Remember the Falklands? That also was messing around with an insignificant part of a sovereign nation's territory.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:57am

Instead of stiring up trouble and ruffling feathers, try PM'ing, you've been warned about outbursts like this before.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:58am

Wes, PMing half the board? this does not make sense.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 1:11am

Your threats were towards the moderators, that narrows the field down a bit as to who to send the PM's too.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 1:22am

Calm will do.

As I recall this began as a suggestion nearly six months ago, and was not disputed (for whatever reason), and was held as actual since March. The original map in question was to show just one reflection of possibility. It just seems to have stuck until very recently.

And Nordmark (or more accurately Argentina) has been in question for a long time, but is disputed quite quickly before too many hostile activities take place. Though that issue has not yet been resolved as to what Nordmark has been doing since 1921.

The questions to put forth now is, what case did Iberia have for having Liberia in the first place?
What use was it to get out of this pocket of land beside Sierra Leone?
Does an Iberian, American, or Independent Liberia hold the most potential for Wesworld as a whole?

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 1:40am

Fascinating

In and out in less then a day?

One interesting question: By chance are you a Falkland's Veteran?

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 1:51am

no. I am German. But this constituted a breach of trust to me and I will not interact with people who consider this to be acceptable behaviour.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 1:54am

Well I've recieved PM's, but saddly none from Bernhard.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 2:02am

why would I? A limit of mine has been breached and a trust of mine betrayed. You think that this is alright, I don't. I have drawn my personal consequences. What do you want? Kiss and make up? Iberi'a infrastructure posts and reports are deleted. Feel free to reinvent her, but do not continue her, please. Wes, there is nothing i have to say to you in private that I cannot say publicly. Thanks for making this SIM possible. It was pretty cool for a while. Thanks for the drawings, they helped me bring Iberia to life.

I do not appreciate your efforts to smother strife, but we will never agree on that. I feel betrayed by you because you saw fit to allow fiddling with existing history and (my) territory, which is why I am leaving.

cya.

Bernhard

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 2:12am

The chance for a settlement and return of said territory gone before the concept was even really discussed.

So much for diplomacy.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 2:12am

I as a moderator requested that you PM me to discuss the issue and you have not, that speaks volumes. Discussing in PM land prevents unnessassary disruption and as such you are adding to the "strife" you complain about.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 2:20am

Its a simple request, if you don't respond then you leave me little choice....

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 2:29am

Simple request Bernhard.......

Your not complying with Moderator requests, any other board would ban you already....the door is still open.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 9:27am

I´m surprised.

To me Liberia always belonged to Iberia....?! Have we really decided to give it to the US or was this just an unanswered proposal?

Not getting an answer doesn´t mean aggreement after all. There could be various reasons including temporarly absence from the boards due to holidays or illness.

So keep that in mind, falks, as lesson learned from this dilemma: If nobody answeres, ask again. If the point in question affects more than one player, make sure the whole board including moderators are aware of your proposal and have answered.

Too bad I had no chance to intervene.