You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 11:38am

Paris Herald - 28 February 1926

The RosPoezd Finance Division announced today that on 15 March 1926 they would offer a bond issue on the Bourse in the amount of 100,000,000 Rubles in order to raise the capital for the construction of the Henyang to Kunming railroad. The bonds offer an interest rate of 2 1/4% for a term of 30 years. Moody's Analyses of Railroad Investments notes: "While Russian government securities are not yet to be considered for the portfolio of the prudent investor, due to Russia's default on her war debts in 1917, it is notable that, through war and revolution, RosPoedz has never been late on a payment of principle or interest. This bond issue will provide its investors a reliable source of long-term income and a safe harbor for their capital."

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 11:48am

That one is definitively different.... :o)

Could you please translate it?

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 12:58pm

Yes it is.

I've fixed it.

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 2:33pm

*begins preparing addition to Filipino Q1 news, dated 15 August*

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 7:32pm

*begins preparing addition to Atlantian Q1 news, dated 16 August*

Wednesday, February 2nd 2005, 10:16pm

You guys would seem to have really late Q1 news...

Thursday, February 3rd 2005, 12:34am

Whoops

"...15 March"

Thanks for the catch.

Thursday, February 3rd 2005, 6:34am

Mine was a cut and paist job! AAAAA!

Saturday, February 5th 2005, 5:06am

Apologies if I'm jumping the gun here...

...but since we're moving into Q2 I thought I'd stick this up.)

The Manila Evening Times
16 March 1926

The Russian company RosPoezd yesterday opened the sale of bonds for the building of the Henyang & Kunming Railroad in China, and the Philippines has cashed in.

The Philipine & Pacific Steam Ship Co. and the Filipino Union Rail Road Co. made large purchases of the bonds. While neither company would disclose the exact number of bonds purchased, a Parisian finanical analyst stated that the amount was "quite possibly in excess of ten million rubles' worth" of the 100 million ruble offiering.

(ooc: It should be noted that the PPSS is owned by the family of El Presidente, while FURR's majority stockholder is none other than, you guessed it, Señor Foreign Minister...)

(ooc2 - thanks to Walter for some inspiration here. ^_^)

Saturday, February 5th 2005, 8:47am

Quoted

(ooc2 - thanks to Walter for some inspiration here. ^_^)

No problem. :-)

Saturday, February 5th 2005, 9:14am

BTW, what is the value of the Russian Federation's Ruble (1926 AD) compared to the USD and the GBP?

Saturday, February 5th 2005, 1:56pm

Beats me

Historically, war/revolution/civil war hit Russia so bad that it took until 1928 to get back to the 1913 level of output and income, with the Civil War having by far the biggest impact. The WesWorld Russia is very different, and as a guess got back to the 1913 output level by about 1922.

I dug this up on the historical exchange rate:

The gold Chervonetz equal to ten rubles was the monetary unit of the Soviet Union from 1922 to 1935. On November 27, 1922, the USSR set 1 Chervonetz = 10 Gold Rubles = 5.1455 U.S. Dollars = 7742.3436 milligrams of fine gold.

So the Gold Ruble was worth $0.51 in 1922, after Great War/Revolution/Civil War. As a guess, without the Civil War, the Gold Ruble might be worth about $0.85 or so.