You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 26th 2005, 10:43pm

Question about building ships for other countries...

Do I have to pay for them out of my resources or is the purchasing country assumed to be paying? I know I obviously need to use one of my slips.

Wednesday, January 26th 2005, 10:53pm

I would say that, unless the ship is a 'gift' for a closely allied country (i.e., Japan -} Chosen/Formosa), you should presume that the purchasing country is, in fact, paying - at least, that's how I do it.

(edit) Of course, you will need to make sure the purchasing country has a sufficent number of factories to make the quarterly payments. ;)

Thursday, January 27th 2005, 8:53am

As Turkey, I've made 2 deals that involved the Purchase of 4 minesweepers and a rebuild of an older AC. The cost of the minesweepers was the total materials to build them plus around 17% markup. In the case of the AC it was 20%. Essentially Italy and the SAE got extra materials for foriegn builds taking up space in their slips/drydocks.

Thursday, January 27th 2005, 9:39am

When building the 2 Veinticinco de Mayo Class cruiser for Argentina, they pay for the building materials and 20% of the light displacement is transferred to Italy for use of shipyards/design work/labour. 20% profit really isn't that much really.

Thursday, January 27th 2005, 11:48am

Quoted

20% profit really isn't that much really

I thought UK yards were allowed 10% by the RN. These days you are happy with 4%.

I was going to do the 2 Romanian DD for cost of materials on the proviso that we get to extensively test the ships before delivery ; )

Cheers,

Thursday, January 27th 2005, 11:50am

Quoted

2 Romanian DD for cost of materials

Ain't I a sweetheart ; )

Thursday, January 27th 2005, 12:00pm

KGV was built with a 40% profit margin!

Thursday, January 27th 2005, 12:17pm

Quoted

KGV was built with a 40% profit margin!

Did Arthur Andersen audit the books? ; )

Cheers,

Friday, January 28th 2005, 6:59am

Well since the CT limits gun size (currently) at 15 inches, I doubt we will see at KGV unless Britain attempts to get the main cannon calibers lowered for all new build ships.