You are not logged in.

Thursday, October 28th 2004, 3:12pm

Germany, Q4/24

10 October 1924

Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz told the Reichstag today that “Denmark is not the good, quiet neighbour we would like them to be.”

The former commander of the German Navy, now leader of the Fatherland Party, added, “Let us face facts - their government cancelled their naval construction, but apparently decided that it was productive to purchase a dreadnought that will based just hours from some of our largest ports. This is maddeningly inconsistent and most ominous, given recent Danish interventions in matters well outside their own borders. If I were still in charge of the Hochseeflotte, that threat would never arrive in Denmark!”

Chancellor Cuno condemned Tirpitz’s tirade, noting, “Meaningless tirades like this only serve to push us back into isolation. Denmark has been a good neighbour, whatever Admiral Tirpitz may think - we have been at peace, and the border issue has been dealt with peacefully. They are not buying a battleline. They are buying an inexpensive old dreadnought, with the clear intent of using her as a new training vessel, is not a threat to Germany in any way.”

22 October 1924

The trail of President Friedrich Ebert is underway in Berlin. Herr Ebert is charged with treason, after allegedly supporting a strike by disgruntled munitions workers in early 1918.

Prosecutor Gunther Hauss began the proceedings on the 20th by examining the failed Spring Push, which he said would have turned out differently had the munitions workers been on the job. “By supporting the illegal strike, Herr Ebert condemned this nation to defeat and servitude. This, by any definition, is most certainly treason.”

President Ebert’s lawyer, Ernst Sauckel, then laid out the ground work for his defence, stating that the Spring Push would have failed even with the additional munitions. “The striking workers were not being selfish. They were arguing that the factories needed to be safer and better maintained if they were to improve output. That they had to strike was unfortunate, but ultimately this was the fault of the owners for refusing to respond to anything else.”

Herr Hauss will begin calling witnesses for the Prosecution tomorrow.

3 November 1924

Maschinenfabrik Augsburg (MAN) has confirmed an order of marine diesel engines by the government of the Philippines.

“We’re pleased that our client base is growing as the world recognizes the utility and value of our diesel engines. We look forward to further collaboration with the government of the Philippines”, commented MAN spokesman Max Heine as company officials and Filippino representatives signed the contracts in the Filipino Consulate. Neither group provided specifics on the order, but it is believed that more than one type of engine will be acquired and transported to the Philippines, possibly for use in that nation’s naval program.

A small protest by anti-war demonstrators outside the consulate was contained by police, who did not feel compelled to make any arrests.

24 November 1924

Reaction in Berlin to the Russo-Armenian mutual defence accord has been muted. General Ludendorff of the NSDAP did call it, “A second victory for the Bear” and demanded that nations like Rumania and Lithuania “exhibit some fortitude and resist the guiles of the Eastern Menace.”

1 December 1924

Defence Minister Otto von Gessler says that the Reichmarine’s budget will primarily be spent on industrial facilities in 1925. “We are in the midst of funding an expansion in production facilities specializing in armor plate, machinery, and optics. This program will be completed, and a class three slipway will begin construction at Kiel.

“We do intend to lay down four additional destroyers and two light cruisers. We anticipate a similar program for 1926 as we work to overcome the problem of block obsolescence in our cruiser arm.”

23 December 1924

The verdict is in: President Friedrich Ebert has been found guilty of treason.

The president looked worn and pale as he entered the court, but seemed surprised and angry when the verdict was read out. “It’s outrageous”, he told reporters as he left the Court. “I will most certainly be contesting this travesty.”

The court will reconvene in January to consider sentencing.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 28th 2004, 5:20pm

Interesting news. Good to see you´re working on german political environment again.

Btw, the news of Dec. 1st - shouldn´t that read 1925 instead of 1924?

Keep up the good work!

Thursday, October 28th 2004, 5:33pm

Yes, that should be 1924...I'll revise.

Yeah, back in the politics once more. A couple of evil ideas have slithered into my mind, so as usual, groundwork must be laid. Will they be implemented? Wait and see.

J

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 28th 2004, 6:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Yes, that should be 1924...I'll revise.

Yeah, back in the politics once more. A couple of evil ideas have slithered into my mind, so as usual, groundwork must be laid. Will they be implemented? Wait and see.

J

Eh.... Shouldn´t that be 1925 instead of 1924 above? *g*

Thursday, October 28th 2004, 6:28pm

There seems to be a glitch in the Matrix...

At least I got the original correction made; now, I'll conclude the post without referring to dates.