You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 11th 2004, 3:46am

Q4/Q1

With the Commodore's most recent post, we now have only Japan and the year-in-arrears Iberia left for Q4/24.

Still need a few countries to post their Q4 news...

And then we'll be ready for Q1/25?

:)

Monday, October 11th 2004, 7:24am

I'd say Hoo will be the last to post, he has alot of work to do with Nordmark and the SAE. For that reason I'm not rushing things along. I assume that will give some time for the Adaman Sea situation to take center stage again?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, October 11th 2004, 9:03am

I´ve already posted SAE´s Q4 report several days ago. Nordmark will take more time. I started browsing old stuff and found an excel-sheet with Peng´s planning up until 1942 as well as many springstyle files. However, the list is incomplete and I´ll try to get more from Pengolodh. Until then, don´t hesitate and go along. I will catch up as soon as it is possible but it doesn´t make sense to delay the whole SIM just because of Nordmark.

What about our newcomers? I haven´t heard of you guys for some time...

Regards,

HoOmAn

Monday, October 11th 2004, 9:56am

Turkeys infrastructure is set at 5/18(any last comments?) and I have a fleet fleshed out, I just need to determine the borders with Roger, or more specifically wether or not Istambul will be part of the Atlantian mandate.

Monday, October 11th 2004, 5:49pm

Quoted

With the Commodore's most recent post, we now have only Japan and the year-in-arrears Iberia left for Q4/24.

Well, I just posted Japan's quarterly report so that is done.

Quoted

Still need a few countries to post their Q4 news...

If I am not mistaken, I still need the news for the whole of 1924. ^_^;;
I'll take a look if I can throw them out like I did with 1923.

Monday, October 11th 2004, 7:56pm

Don't go rushing off on me, I have a LOT of news due this quarter!!

Monday, October 11th 2004, 7:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
I´ve already posted SAE´s Q4 report several days ago. Nordmark will take more time. I started browsing old stuff and found an excel-sheet with Peng´s planning up until 1942 as well as many springstyle files. However, the list is incomplete and I´ll try to get more from Pengolodh. Until then, don´t hesitate and go along. I will catch up as soon as it is possible but it doesn´t make sense to delay the whole SIM just because of Nordmark.

Regards,

HoOmAn

Can't really do a lot with Brazil until I know what the outcome of the war was!

Monday, October 11th 2004, 8:26pm

Quoted

I´ve been quite busy trying to catch up with you all, but I think I´ll be able to post something tomorrow...

Right now I´ve finished the list of the fleet except auxiliaries and minor units, and I hope to finish today with all the reports up to 1925.

Monday, October 11th 2004, 10:50pm

Is it just me, or does everyone else also have to finish (or start!) putting their ships into the Encyclopedia, too?

*leans back with Cheshire-cat smile*

Monday, October 11th 2004, 10:59pm

"Is it just me, or does everyone else also have to finish (or start!) putting their ships into the Encyclopedia, too?

*leans back with Cheshire-cat smile*"

A very large fleet coupled with a fried hard drive make for much work in the weeks ahead! I have to SS AND draw just about everything, which is fun but it sucks after about 5 designs and 3 coffee's. DD's are done in both SS and MS Paint so I may get around to posting them.

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 1:51am

Argentina...an opportunity?

Quoted

Can't really do a lot with Brazil until I know what the outcome of the war was!

The same is true for Chile. The war started in 1921 right? Depending on the outcome, I doubt Brazil and Chile would be idle in the wake of a war.

While Brazil would have been behind Argentina, at least in spirit, Chile would see this as an opportunity to gain some ground while it's historical rival is down.

Since it should have been four years or so since that war started, and likely it ended in a year or two at the most, who is to say that the Chileans would not take this time to attempt to gain the whole of Tierra del Fuego and a section of land from Puerto Natales, Chile to just north of Puerto Santa Cruz, Argentina. It is likely that they could have take some of this either while Argentina was distracted, or (and most likely) just afterwards, either while Argentina was weak, or in a deal with Nordmark to deny the Argentinians any control over the Strait of Magellan. Chile would actually settle for taking the whole of Tierra del Fuego and the land on the other side of the Strait, with the principle city there being Rio Gallagos.

There might be, at most, a gain of one factory in this deal, unless someone knows of any industry in that area of Argentia. And perhaps one or two infrustructure Points from the natural resources and the small naval base at Ushuaia on Tierra del Fuego.

At most this would take Chile to 8/22 in factories and infrustruture, and it would have to spend time to get the factory operational, time to get any slips or docks working correctly in Ushuaia, and likely be forced to pay a small sum in reparations to Argentina enforced by the League of Nations.

This of all is subject to denial by the powers that be, and the outcome of the Nordmark War.

Any opinions on this idea?

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 1:59am

opportunistic landgrab? all for it!

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 2:48am

It would seem highly likely that Chile would take advantage of Argentina being distracted and gain the remainder of Tierra Del Fuego along with Punta De Arenas. I don't think the Chileans would gain anything more than a small port facility.

The question is how does Chile stay out of a war with the Argentinians and simpathetic Bolivians? During the conflict Atlantis/France and Iberia all send military assets in an effort to defend not only their own interests but to prevent the Argentinian alliance from getting to ambitious.

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 3:03am

before I do that I'll get my reports up to spec.

I also have

- a full time job
- my own business
- a webshop to build (www.graylion.net)
- a girlfriend/fiancee-to-be in Hamburg and a gal here (and yes they know about each other)
- a rather social active life
- I am the herald of my local SCA shire

enough to do. really.

;-)

cheers

Bernhard

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 3:10am

Bolivia

Well Chile has had dealing with Bolivia before, and the Army is quite ready for them at this time. While Chile could not stand a two front drawn out war, it could hold off the Bolivian while marching in the South with Naval support (as Bolivia has no navy or coast line thanks to Chile).

If I remember correctly Chile has tried this once before but was held off by Argentina...this time Argentina has likely been weakened. It is, a golden opportunity, that would never arise in the real world.

Especially if the major Argentinian Naval units are on the bottom or stuck in port due to damage, this should be "fairly" easy. I was thinking of taking territory in the north along the shared border for additional mining oportunities, but I tend to think that Mountain fighting in the Andes would be a little too much....beside, I have yet to find a good resource map of South American natural resources to deturm where such a land grab would be worth diverting troops from the northern borders. The southlands seem the best bet at this moment.

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 4:19am

I don't have a problem with Chile grabbing Tierra del Fuego (I might with a grab in the north, tho); however I agree that you probably wouldn't get a factory that way. A small port (1 slip, 1 or 2 drydocks, all Type 0?) probably - and definitly a commanding position over the Straits of Magellan...

Quoted

Especially if the major Argentinian Naval units are on the bottom or stuck in port due to damage

Or maybe interned (in Nordmark?)?

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 10:05am

Stay cool!

Folks, folks folks....

Keep it cool.

The Argentinian War was planned as a very short but bloody fight between Argentina and Nordmark only. No others were planned to be involved - INCLUDING THE SAE!

Of course, if a South American (player-)nation would have taken action without consulting Peng... But that would not have been possible as there was no such player nation and without rules of war the whole thing had to be scripted anyway so nobody could have done anything without consulting Peng.

That was back then.

Things have changed and we have player nations in South Africa now. Fine, but I propose you better script your past as if you stayed out of that little war.

Please note how the war began:

- Argentina captured some islands the Britsh just sold to Nordmark
- The nordmarkian Royals got killed and Argentina blamed (! - no evidence ever posted *cough cough*)

So even though the latter caused an uproar all over the world this thing is between Nordmark and Argentina and just between those two.

If - without any provocation - Chile would have attacked Argentina to take advantage of the death of the nordmarkian Royals and the following war I would expect the United Nations (or whatever it is called in WesWorld), the USA or even the UK to take action against Chile as the latter would have been the aggressor.

Chile was and is in no way allied with Nordmark. The SAE is and also lost a member of the Royal Family but except providing facilities for Nordmark gathering forces the SAE did littel - troops and ships stayed at home (as far as things were planned when Peng dropped off the boards).

There´s no reason why Chile should get away with attacking Argentina.

As a player I also like to remind you that Argentina is a non-player nation and can´t defend itself. All actions have to be scripted. As players it is easy to line up against Argentina and grab whatever one wants but be careful - the story never ended and the truth was never revealed because Peng dropped off the boards. I propose to go back and read all news Peng ever posted quite carefully. There are a few hints...

I propose to script your nations history as if you weren´t involved in that war. Diplomatic notes going in all directions but no military action.

If you think that is unrealistic because there were hostilities between Argentina and Chile in the past (nobody scripted them for WesWorld - you could also define Chile and Argentina to be ebst friends!) and Chile would make use of the situation - then we really need to script the whole thing in detail and I expect the USA and UK (both acting as world police if things get too nasty - we agreed on this in the past) to take action against Chile. Chile would have been forced to give away all territories taken and to pay reparations - that´s what an aggressor starting unprovoken attack should do, correct? An embargo could also be a result - just to teach those who haven´t learned from the great tragedy The Great War was.

I also think that the conflict is too long gone to retro-script it as if more than just Nordmark and Argentina were involved. An involvment of somebody else would have had too much impact on all others in WesWorld, possibly dragging even more players into it. You would force all of us to re-do the last 3 years including the last 12 reports.

That´s the same as restarting the SIM - and I won´t agree to THAT!

Regards,

HoOmAn

PS: There is third option if you guys think neither the US nor the UK would take action but this again would most likely force several players to re-do their stuff.

If Chile uses the Argentinian aggression as excuse to attack Argentina this could be interpreted as a slap in the face of the SAE!

The SAE is a close ally to Nordmark and lost a member of its Royal Family. So there´s enough reason to attack Argentina. But our relatives and friends in Nordmark asked us to leave it to them, they would deal with Argentina. It´s this honour-thing, you know, and we agreed with tears in our eyes.

And suddenly Chile will take action! Claiming to help Nordmark to get rid of that evil Argentina... Oh no! That could not be allowed! If the SAE promised to stay cool then everything has to be done to make sure only Nordmark and Argentina are involved. Chile has to honour this duel! If not - well, we might be forced to take action against Chile!... *g*

Too bad this will never happen as Chilean history will be scripted as if they never get involved....

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 11:07am

Well Chile's land grab could always be after the Nordish/Argentinian war, but again how does the conflict not escalate? Perhaps the Argentinians make land consessions after an international incedent?

I don't see a reason why the Chileans couldn't start a war with Argentina as a non-player nation, after the Nordish/Argentinian war.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 11:47am

Do not change the past!

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
I don't see a reason why the Chileans couldn't start a war with Argentina as a non-player nation, after the Nordish/Argentinian war.

True, but I see no reason why this shouldn´t be possible in the mid- or late 1920s to allow us all to play our parts.

There´s no reason why this has to happen in 1921/22.

There´s nothing to gain from having this happen in the past (prior to 1-1-25). It would just force us all to re-do things that are already accepted and form WesWorld history.

If Ithekro wants a war with Argentina he can have one - with all consequences - past 1-1-1925, not prior to this date, and once the outcome of the Argentinian War is known.

You know, he and I probably can work on things... If there is a chance, the SAE might also grab some more. *cough cough* However, this too can only happen in the future, not the past.

Regards,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 2:56pm

Quoted

If Ithekro wants a war with Argentina he can have one - with all consequences - past 1-1-1925, not prior to this date, and once the outcome of the Argentinian War is known.

You know, he and I probably can work on things... If there is a chance, the SAE might also grab some more. *cough cough*

You know...that might be a very interesting idea... ;)