You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 6:37pm

Most certainly the land grab would have to be after the date mentioned, the Nordish/Argentinian war would have to be settled completely, via several post war treatys.

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 11:53pm

I'll add my two bits by agreeing that I'd rather see a Chilean-Argentine conflict post-1924. If there's an obvious source of interesting story-line, there's no sense in just making a historical aside. Especially when there's every reason to think that it would be a blatant case of aggression.

Let's let Hooman and Peng figure out what's happened to Argentina in 1921 before we go and inflict another war on those poor people.

Wednesday, October 13th 2004, 12:02am

Agreed.

Wednesday, October 13th 2004, 2:03am

Just a thought

Well it was just a thought that came to mind while looking at the map. As I said, it would depend on what Nordmark actually did, and the reactions of the other players. I was not planning originally to have a conflict in the Atlantic, but to have more Pacific troubles. But if Hoo has a plan for that that results in the aquiring of the southern most section of Argentina for Chile, I'd like to hear it.

If I didn't have Peng's original script for the ABC nations I could just go and try to form an alliance of sorts (similar to a reduced version of alt-naval's "Hispanic Federation"), but I'm sort of stuck with Chile being the only one really not behind Argentina at all. While I might stay out of the fight, and use it as a rallying cry of sorts to get South America moving economically together, I still have the history there (the War of the Pacific was specified by Peng, so I think I am stuck into the historical reality of Chilean, Bolivian, Argentinan, and Peruvian relations). If I knew the real mindset of the Chileans in the 1920s I could say for sure what they would do if this opportunity was presented to them. Also if I had a better view of what the League of Nation in WesWorld would do (in reality...not just talk like the real League of Nations), I could plan out my actions without being a blatant aggressor . Chile does hold on to a claim of all of Tierra del Fuego (since they had a plan of "Manifest Destiny" in the 1800s similar to the Americans), and likely would like to secure that claim by holding the opposing bank of the Strait of Magellan.

The idea was to not be black listed too early. An early economic problem results in no ship construction...that sort of goes against the point of the sim, doesn't it?

I was actually thinking of this an a historical aside to get us to 1925, gain a little before Chile actually starts playing. Allow it be be overconfident after having pulled off a victory (thought likely a minor one) over its old rival. This would set the stage for the troubles in the Pacific. It was a thought...since it seems almost no one cares about South America in Europe or Asia. But that idea seems to be gone now.