You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 7th 2004, 11:51pm

Brazilian Infrastructure

A question first...

If Brazil starts with 7/20 as per Chile,
would she get the extra 1/10 for building "Rio De Janerio" during the qualifying period, even though she sold her on prior to completion?

And at what time would it enter the game?

Thursday, October 7th 2004, 11:58pm

Do those infrastructure points apply? São Paulo, Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro were built at British shipyards....

Thursday, October 7th 2004, 11:59pm

Not sure about that.

ex-"Rio de Janeiro" was built in a British yard historically.

That does pose an interesting question. The Turks managed to get "Sultan Osman I" finished and delivered in this timeline right? It survived the war and was interned by Atlantis correct? Was it returned to Turkey? (or sold back to Brazil?)

If so, Greece has something to worry about...the Turkish Agincourt!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, October 8th 2004, 12:52am

Chile didn´t build any capital ships so no points for Rio de Janerio, sorry. The way I understood Wes 7/20 includes all there is...

Friday, October 8th 2004, 1:41am

Just wanted to clarify, as the rules do not state that the vessel must be built in native shipyards

HoOmAn

Friday, October 8th 2004, 1:48am

See infrastructure rules:

"1.1 Factories:

As a basis each player starts with 10 factories, reflecting basic marine-oriented industry that everybody would have. In addition every player gets 1 factory for every capital ship his nation has launched (but not necessarily completed) between 1-1-11 and 12-31-20."

Note: Those 10 factories were a limit for the original powers of which none was small enough to have less than that.

Friday, October 8th 2004, 2:03am

Quoted

That does pose an interesting question. The Turks managed to get "Sultan Osman I" finished and delivered in this timeline right? It survived the war and was interned by Atlantis correct? Was it returned to Turkey? (or sold back to Brazil?)

The Gin Palace was completed and confiscated as per historical. I understand she was scrapped when the CT came into effect. (Red Admiral made a try for her, IIRC, but it was too late...)

The Turkish dreadnought in WW is a sister ship to the Italian Dante Alighieri.

Friday, October 8th 2004, 8:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
See infrastructure rules:

"1.1 Factories:

As a basis each player starts with 10 factories, reflecting basic marine-oriented industry that everybody would have. In addition every player gets 1 factory for every capital ship his nation has launched (but not necessarily completed) between 1-1-11 and 12-31-20."

Note: Those 10 factories were a limit for the original powers of which none was small enough to have less than that.

This is exactly my point.
Nowhere in the above rule does it state that the vessel must be built in local yards. I just asked for clarification.

Friday, October 8th 2004, 11:12pm

Hmm, something to clarify in the next rules-edit, I suppose...

Friday, October 8th 2004, 11:15pm

Well, if I am not mistaken, the "In addition every player gets 1 factory for every capital ship his nation has launched (but not necessarily completed) between 1-1-11 and 12-31-20." bit tells enough.

HoOmAn

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 1:12am

Exactly...

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 1:55am

It doesn't specify that "his" nation can't have the ship built "elsewhere"

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 3:37am

Like I said, we'll have to fix that in the next revision.

(And we should cover modifications of beam and draft at that time, as well.)

HoOmAn

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 10:17am

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
It doesn't specify that "his" nation can't have the ship built "elsewhere"

Indeed, but then "HIS" nation wouldn´t have laid it down. The nation that build it would have to lay it down - a reason why Nordmark got points and factories for ships build for others navies.

Anyway, it doesn´t matter. So far that rules applied to all countries of all players the way Walter and I explained it. It will do so for Brazil too.

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 11:17am

Exactly what Hoo says...

Saturday, October 9th 2004, 7:47pm

That's grand!