You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

harry the red

Unregistered

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 11:35am

Staying on topic

On the warship 1 and aowwts old board we had the option of remaining on topic within threads. Do we have that function on this board?

If we do were is it, I cant find it.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 11:50am

On topic?

I´m not sure if I fully understand what you mean by "remaining on topic".....?

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 1:29pm

I think he talks about the nesting of threads as in Usenet. replying to an earlier post etc.

useful in usenet but a royal pain on a webboard, if ike myself you have a slow ubreliable internet connection and have to pay for your access by the minute.

cheers

Bernhard

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 1:30pm

I think he talks about the nesting of threads as in Usenet. replying to an earlier post etc.

useful in usenet but a royal pain on a webboard, if ike myself you have a slow ubreliable internet connection and have to pay for your access by the minute.

cheers

Bernhard

oh and Harry pleeeaaase contact me on email. Iberia desires diplomatic contact with Greece.

graylion at sm-wg dot net

cheers

Bernhard

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 2:30pm

With some ezBoards, notably David Newton's boards for Politics and History, one can actually choose whether to see boards as threads or this way. I rather like threads, as it makes it rather easier to see who is responding to who (assuming people actually bother to check where in the thread they are before they post).

harry the red

Unregistered

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 5:16pm

Pengolodh is on the right track

What I meant by staying on topic is that some times you want to reply to an individual post within a thread.

For example by using the remain on topic button that is available in other boards, I would have been able to squeeze this post between HoOmAn and LordArpad,s posts that are found above.

In other wards instead of this post being the sixth down on this thread I could have made it the third one down by using that function

The reason that I brought this subject up is that I tried to reply to Red Admiral’s following comment "I bet Rhodes is a needle in your side" which was posted in the new player thread

Unfortunately instead of my reply on Rhodes being below the Red Admirals, you will find it amongst posts discussing Germany’s post war navy and infrastructure, definitely off topic!

I hope I cleared what I meant about Staying on topic

LordArpad I sent an email to you, I just hope I correctly deciphered your email above. If not the poor individual who has received it will now be thinking that they have been visited by the twilight zone or are now hurriedly cleaning their spear bedroom in anticipation of royal guests!

harry

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 5:42pm

Quoted

LordArpad I sent an email to you, I just hope I correctly deciphered your email above. If not the poor individual who has received it will now be thinking that they have been visited by the twilight zone or are now hurriedly cleaning their spear bedroom in anticipation of royal guests!

LOL

yes I got your message and am apalled (being from Bavaria myself) that you want to deprive a good Wittelsbach of decent beer! *gg*

see my answer

cheers

Bernhard

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 6:45pm

Well.....

Quoted

Originally posted by harry the red
What I meant by staying on topic is that some times you want to reply to an individual post within a thread.

Normally one should be able to choose the style in which a forum is presented using the profile button and scolling down for "Styles". Normally. For whatever reason it is not yet possible to choose from different styles. Even as a moderator. I asked Testpilot (the guy hosting us) about it and maybe we will be able to change it in the near future. Hopefully but until then we have to live with what we have so far. Sorry.

harry the red

Unregistered

Saturday, May 24th 2003, 8:07pm

That’s ok

Its just that I thought I was looking in the wrong place for that function or possibly doing something wrong..

Anyway, thanks HoOmAn for answering my question

harry