You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 3rd 2004, 1:13am

Preposed Turkish Infrastructure

Following the infrastructure rules Turkey would receive 10 factory's and 30 IP's. I still have to work on the post war treatys to determine just what ships turkey has, this will involve working with Alt and RA as togeather we need to write a rough WW1 history in the region.

Going by past discussions with a bit of tweaking I've come up with the following rough numbers for the turkish fleet based on histroical ships and a few extra's obtained in our fictional world.

BB: 1
BC: 1
PD: 2 (1 training, 1 to scrap)
AC: 2
PC: 2
CL: 4 (Quarto and Marsala class)
DD: 18
Sloops: 7
Gunboats: 3
TB's: 6
MS: 2
ML: 3

Thoughts?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, October 3rd 2004, 1:17am

My thoughts...

10/30 is way too much for a country that never even build at least a single pre-dread or AC. My opinion of course. Half that much should be enough....

Sunday, October 3rd 2004, 1:26am

agreed.

Sunday, October 3rd 2004, 1:43am

As I said, using our Infrastructure rules it would be 10 and 30, that being said talking to Hoo and looking through Janes this number comes down to 5/18.

Sunday, October 3rd 2004, 2:19am

I would say 7/20, same as Chile.

Sunday, October 3rd 2004, 2:24am

IIRC Chile has a better infrastructure than Turkey, but I'm open to discussion on this, its not yet writen in stone.

As a player, I'm all for the largest numbers possible, but as a Moderator I'm more interested in keeping things balanced and not getting too much for free.

Monday, October 4th 2004, 12:26am

No further comments? You can't complain if you don't comment!

Monday, October 4th 2004, 12:52am

I guess one complaint is that Atlantis runs the Mandate (with all the infrastructure) and now defacto control of Turkey. Together with FAR it would be FART in all but name. ; )

Cheers,

Monday, October 4th 2004, 2:00am

Tekirdag has tentatively been given 2 type 0 drydocks so Atlantis has gained little, while Smyrna has been tentatively given a type 1 and 2 drydock. Istambul and Izmir are still under control of the Turks.

Without the infrastructure in Tekirdag and Smyrna the infrastructure I have worked out equals around 17.5 IP's.

Running two country's (ala Rocky with Germany and India) doesn't result in me controling turkey via Atlantis.
I'm now in the unique possition of possibly attacking one of my own nations (Atlantis with Turkey), allying with one of my ponential enemy's (Turkey with Italy) and making enemy's of a potential ally (Atlantis with Greece).

Monday, October 4th 2004, 2:51am

Aww, go on, add Turkey to FAR ; )

Monday, October 4th 2004, 5:19am

How much fun would that be? I don't understand the focus on turkey joining FAR.

Monday, October 4th 2004, 5:25am

Quoted

I don't understand the focus on turkey joining FAR.

None, apart from being able to call it FART. : P

Monday, October 4th 2004, 5:31am

Well it certainly would stink for some to oppose that alliance..... ;-)

Any serious issues?

Monday, October 4th 2004, 6:06am

Quoted

Any serious issues?

Yes.

Quoted

Istambul and Izmir are still under control of the Turks

Izmir and Smyrna are the same place.

I'd argue that the Atlantis Mandate would include Istanbul (Constantinople) - the Turkish capital being Ankara while Smyrna is part of Anatolia and under Greek control. An alternative would be to make Istanbul a Free City like Danzig.

I for one am not interested in extra capacity (am I the odd one out?). Perhaps we can agree that these 'mandates' zones whatever are demilitarised and are not used for naval purposes.

So after allowing for loss of Istanbul and Izmir what capacity is in Turkish hands?

Cheers,

Monday, October 4th 2004, 6:53am

Sorry confused Izmir with Izmit! I agree that the ports within foriegn mandates should be non-naval.

On Istambul we have a problem, the current Mandate does not include Istambul, but of course playing both turkey and Atlantis I have a duel personality.
Turkey would not want to give up Istambul, while Atlantis wouldn't mind complete control over the Dardanelles/Bosperous sea lane.

Unless I can find a way to re-aquire Istambul, theres a problem. the current situiation seems to be a compromise.

Monday, October 4th 2004, 2:12pm

OK,

I tracked down this...

I get the picture. You have already pulled out of Istanbul.

Back to drawing board : (