You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 17th 2019, 8:36pm

A Question of Rules Application...

I have a question regarding the application of Rule 1.2.2 Infrastructure – Ports, which states “A free port, with no size limitation, is assumed to exist at any existing coastal city in your possession”.

The historical port of Ilo in southern Peru has not heretofore been provided with naval infrastructure. At the present time it is not my intention to construct naval infrastructure at this port, though I do wish to pursue a story line that would provide for the *commercial* use of port facilities for coastal and ocean shipping. In these circumstances, would I be obliged to create formal naval infrastructure or could such *commercial* development proceed without IP costs?

Wednesday, December 18th 2019, 9:50am

I would say you are free to do whatever commercial works you want without spending IP as they are not usable for warship purposes (i.e. they do not feature on the quarterly reports).

As to wartime access, that is a tricky subject that has never really been put into practice in terms of reporting and how we would keep track of exactly how much civilian infrastructure there is has never been explained. Given the sim is nearly over I don't think its worth worrying about now.

Wednesday, December 18th 2019, 11:56am

Concur.

Friday, December 20th 2019, 9:47am

Ditto....