You are not logged in.

Sunday, September 26th 2004, 9:38pm

Quoted

and of course, I´ll have to rework all the reports since the beginning of the sim.

Shouldn't be a problem; it appears that Mr. 17inc was so busy planning world conquest he only had time to post one report. :-P

Sunday, September 26th 2004, 9:50pm

"I've no problems with Wes playing Turkey, but please don't just side with Atlantis all the time. We could have some fun with Dante Aligheri vs. her sister ship :)"

Agreed, I have to admit, Alt_Naval was getting me thinking about playing Turkey. Taking Turkey would allow me to play "good guy/badguy" depending on which way the wind blows. Side with Atlantis all the time? Hey I can't have everything my way! Shouldn't be a problem.
Conflict in the region might give me a reason to run a rampage through Turkey.

I forgot about Siam, would they really have a large enough navy though?

Sunday, September 26th 2004, 10:36pm

IIRC Rocky sank 33% of it!!!!!
Does that answer your question?
It is not big enought to play even as a sideline!!!!

Sunday, September 26th 2004, 11:19pm

Nordmark

Hmm, I don't quite follow. I never saw bigrich make a bid on it. AFAIK so far we have two players wanting to play Nordmark: Hooman and Green Commodore. Maybe we should adress those two first?

Sunday, September 26th 2004, 11:56pm

Austrailian Battleships (tonnage)

Austrailian Navy 1921 (one proposal)

If Australia is limited to 8 capital ships and 200,000 tons then the following is possible.

1 Colossus-class Dreadnought (built for Australia in 1911. training ship in 1921)
(ex-Hercules) 20,000 tons originally

2 Indefatigable-class Battlecruisers (built for Australia in 1912)
(New Zealand and Australia) 18,750 tons each

4 Orion-class Dreadnoughts (sold to Australia in 1919 and 1921)
(Orion, Conqueror, Thunderer, and Monarch) 22,500 tons each

2 Bayern-class Dreadnoughts (Gift to Australia in 1920)
(Bayern and Baden) 28,000 tons each

This gives the Australians a total of 8 capital ships at 183,500 tons with plenty left over for refitting the fleet, and the construction of larger capital ships once the treaty allows it to be possible.

This gives the Fleet 2x15 inch, 4x13.5 inch, and 2x12 inch gun ships. The Battlecruisers being the fast division of the fleet.

Monday, September 27th 2004, 12:10am

Australian Fleet (replacement times)

2 Indefatigable-class Battlecruisers
(due for replacement in 1933, 20-21 years old)
(New Zealand and Australia)

4 Orion-class Dreadnoughts
(due for replacement in 1933, 20-21 years old)
(Orion, Conqueror, Thunderer, and Monarch)

2 Bayern-class Dreadnoughts
(due for replacement in 1937, 20-21 years old)
(Bayern and Baden)

With this arrangement, they will have to start a major construction program by the time the treaty ends, or do several reconstructions to keep pace with the needs of the late 1930s.

Monday, September 27th 2004, 12:27am

hate to burst your bubble

but Oz is a 6 BB nation ...

Monday, September 27th 2004, 12:30am

As I said Bigrich was mentioned but I haven't seen him on the board showing interest. For now I'm letting Hoo deal with the decision on nordmark, the SAE has important ties to Nordmark. I would suffer a similar fate if Admiral K. suddenly went awol, so I'm willing to let him deal with it definitively.

Monday, September 27th 2004, 12:32am

I'd drop the two Bayern class BB's.

Monday, September 27th 2004, 12:49am

6 BB fleet

Well if the player wised to use the German ships then two Orions could be drops and left to there fates
Thurderer was still in British Service in 1924 as a Cadet Training Ship according to Jane's and Monarch was used as a target I guess.

Or drop all the Orions and leave the four older ships (all 12 inch guns).

There are many options, as it depends on what sounds reasonable within the timeframe, relation to England, and what Australia could afford.

Monday, September 27th 2004, 1:08am

So, can Mexico and Chile now be added to the Infrastructure Board, or should we wait?

Again, if anyone else wants Mexico, speak up please...

Monday, September 27th 2004, 2:18am

Chile, definately, mexico is still not completely unanimus, so I think we can hold off a bit more.

You could tentatively plan its quarterly reports just in case, to speed things up. I'll be doing the same for Turkey.