You are not logged in.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 2:35am

WW1, Sim players involvement

The involvement of Atlantis would be the following campaigns....

War entry in November 1914
Galipoli (Gabe Tepe) including Dardanelles Assualt
Mesopatamian Front
Western Front late war (1918)
Either Italian Front or Salonika front (Greece)

Italian or Salonika involvement would depend on Italian and Greek involvment in our alt history and I'd have to talk to said nations to hammer out a timeline.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 2:44am

The Philippines remained neutral, largely do to the ante bellum good relations with Austria-Hungary.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 2:46am

India:

-Sat out the war itself. Did offer logistical support to German warships of the Far East Squadron (covertly and illegally, of course), particularly Emden.

-Made threatening noises and posture against Britain (which controls Pakistan to the west and Burma to the east), tying down some resources through to 1916.

-Had a little sideshow with the Netherlands that didn't materially affect WW1.

Germany:

Well, yeah...

-Fought on till November 1918, or March, 1919, depending on who's writing the history here.

-Fought more allies than historical, but came out better in the peace negotiations.

-Obviously, we need to reconcile some facts...

Monday, September 20th 2004, 2:57am

Atlantis entering the western front late, as a nation already participating in the war, wouldn't have the same successs as the U.S. forces that joined the war. This would leave Germany in a slightly better possition given the fact that in the wesworld the U.S. did not enter the war.

I'm not sure what Nordmarks possition would be but I think their influence would be downplayed as well.
Perhaps the UK had a less than successfull war on the western front leading to their current Nuetral stance?
Russia's early exit from the war would also make things easier.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, September 20th 2004, 9:42am

The SAE and WW1

The SAE joined the Entente in mid-1917. Is wasn´t planned to do so but repeated losses during the submarine/raider war finnally turned the tide. The SAE then supported the Royal Navy in its efforts to protect shipping in the South Atlantic.

During the whole time the SAE was supporting Nordmarks navy in the South Atlantic which could thus focus on defending its homewaters.

The SAE was not involved in land wars.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 12:45pm

Iberia

- never entered the war, but strongly supported Germany tradewise, sendignas many supplies in as could be done through the blockade.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 1:45pm

Give me time. Italian entry in 1916 as historical. I'm then up to 1917 for my history but still have a few bits to write.

End of war on Italian front was 4th November 1918 with the Austrian surrender at Vittorio Veneto.

Italy cannot be involved in the Dardanelles campaign as it was historically dated.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 1:50pm

Greece

I guess Greece can't sit on the fence. I'll hold my hand up for Atlantis/Greece participation on the Salonika front.

I've assumed that Gallipoli was successful as Russia is not Bolshi and the Turks seem to have been beaten.

I thought it was a given that WW1 started later and ended earlier. It seems it's a moving date. I think the world has to be a richer place to support all this naval construction. ; )

Cheers,

Monday, September 27th 2004, 7:58pm

heres my suggestion for events in the med theatre.

Italians and Atlantians advance on Italian front, making gains that allow Italy to take the Naval war to Austria.

Atlantian involvement on the Salonika front and gains on the italian front allow for a second Dardanelles campaign, resulting in Greek involvent and the subsiquent Greek mandate after the war.

Greek involvement presists after the historical end to WW1 for some months, leading to the retention of Italian and Atlantian mandates to contain the conflict.

Conflict ends, CT signed Italy and Atlantis give up all or most of their mandates, Greece retains hers.

Tuesday, September 28th 2004, 12:23pm

French & Russian involvement

France - as historical.

Russia - the same, up to the separate peace in March 1917.

Tuesday, September 28th 2004, 3:32pm

Denmark sat out the war, but against Danish advice Siam sent troops to the Western front in 1917!!