You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 2:31am

Convention of Constantinople (1888)

While I recognize that the question is somewhat academic, is the subject treaty presume to be in effect in Wesworld?

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 2:54am

I'd presume so.

It's my understanding that the canal itself is still majority owned (and presumably operated) by the French Compagnie de Suez, with a minority British and Italian stake. France still hasn't figured out a good way to force the Italian fingers out of that pot.

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 3:11am

I'd presume so.

It's my understanding that the canal itself is still majority owned (and presumably operated) by the French Compagnie de Suez, with a minority British and Italian stake. France still hasn't figured out a good way to force the Italian fingers out of that pot.

If we had an Italian player you could make them an offer they couldn't refuse... :D

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 12:37pm

Yes, I'd presume the same as Brock.
I'd say at this point it might well be Egypt wanting a finger in the pot or all the pot that might be of greater concern than the status of Italy's share!
Actually it probably makes sense for Italy to have a stake, would make a good what-if for 1930-45 history if Mussolini already had a stake in the most vital asset in the western Middle East.