You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 10th 2016, 9:29pm

Naval Reviews

OOC: it's been awhile since we've had any good or amusing naval reviews, so I thought I might set some up. (I'm not going to specifically narrate any of them, but I might call them out in my news.)

Bastille Day
France issues an invitation for interested navies to send 1-2 ships to Toulon to participate in a naval review for Bastille Day, (Monday, July 14th, 1947).

Latvian Navy Day
The Latvian government extends invitations to the major naval powers of Europe to send a ship for a naval review to be held at Riga on Friday, June 27, 1947. This review will be practice for another review, to be held on June 20th 1948, which will be the thirtieth anniversary of the founding of the Latvian Navy. (Although no guidelines are laid down, the Latvians will "strongly hint" that participants should not send anything larger than a destroyer. First six entries only; Russia immediately grabs the first slot.)

Russian Navy Day
Russian Navy Day is held on the last Sunday in July (July 27th, 1947). Any navies which are interested in participating in a small naval review are invited to send 1-2 ships to visit Petrograd (technically Kronshtadt) on the Baltic, Sevastopol on the Black Sea, or Vladivostok in the Pacific (based on whichever is closest to the originating fleets).

Tuesday, May 10th 2016, 9:53pm

The Kriegsmarine proposes to send the light cruisers Custozza and Novara to attend the fleet review scheduled for 14 July at Toulon.

It proposes to send the corvette Kondor to attend the Latvian Navy review scheduled for 27 June at Tallinn (?)

It proposes to send the Air Defence Cruiser Aspern and the corvette Falke to attend the Russian Navy Day celebrations scheduled for 27 July at Kronshtadt.

Tuesday, May 10th 2016, 9:58pm

It proposes to send the corvette Kondor to attend the Latvian Navy review scheduled for 27 June at Tallinn (?)

Riga. :)

Tuesday, May 10th 2016, 10:02pm

Riga. :)

The announcement didn't specify... ?(

Tuesday, May 10th 2016, 10:04pm

Fixed. Riga's in Latvia - Tallinn's in the Federation Republic of Estonia (Russia).

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 1:10am

Iberia will participate; possibly Bharat and maybe Persia, we'll see. I'll ponder specifics as I do chores.

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 1:54am

Japan hopes that the waters will be deep enough (*) as it will send its flagship the Yamato together with the aircraft carrier Hiyo (and supported by the fleet oiler Asira Maru) to Toulon for the Bastille Day naval review and then on to Petrograd (the Japanese would like to be as far away as possible from the likely port the pesky Chinese might use should they decide to come (Vladivostok)) for the Russian Navy Day naval review a few weeks later.

Pacifica will send patrol vessel IPS-3 and submarine P-7 to Vladivostok for the Russian Navy Day naval review. Patrol vessel IPS-1 will be present at Toulon for the Bastille Day naval review (it will tag along with the Japanese vessels and return home after the Bastille Day naval review).

Naturally messages will be sent by both navies to the various nations along the route to attend them on the movement of the vessels though their region.

Neither the Japanese nor the Pacificans will send anything to the Latvian Navy Day as they are not invited.

(*) If not then the organizers better start dredging operations. :)

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 1:56am

Iberian ships attending Toulon/Kronstadt:

-Heavy cruiser Toro
-Training cruiser El Cid

Iberian ships attending Vladivostok:

-Battleship La Luna
-A destroyer

Iberia will send a destroyer to Latvia if space remains, but will defer to other, closer Latvian neighbours first.

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 3:07am

Attending Vladivostok:

-Bharati light cruiser Bangalore
-Bharati disaster relief ship Abdullah Shah
-Persian destroyer Baneh
-Persian sloop Damavand
-Persian oiler Reza Abbasi

Note 1: The oiler is supportive and not in the review itself. This is probably the first major overseas Persian deployment in a long time.

Attending Toulon/Kronstadt

-Battleship Jahangir
-Aircraft carrier Urumi
-Destroyers Rawalpindi and Madurai
-Replenishment oiler Ramree Island

Note 1: The Urumi and Akbar classes will be removed from active service in 1949. This is likely the last time either class will be seen in European waters.

Note 2: The destroyers and oiler are in a supportive role, and will not be part of the review itself; they'll go hang out somewhere else.

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 6:55pm

Cool. :)

I should've expected that people would want to send some of their bigger ships; I was thinking cruisers or destroyers rather than Yamatos, although my intelligence agents (and probably everyone else's intelligence agents!) will take the opportunity to get lots of pictures of everything.

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 7:16pm

Cool. :)

I should've expected that people would want to send some of their bigger ships; I was thinking cruisers or destroyers rather than Yamatos, although my intelligence agents (and probably everyone else's intelligence agents!) will take the opportunity to get lots of pictures of everything.

"Lionel Crabb to the white courtesy telephone please!" :rolleyes:

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 10:07pm

Quoted

I should've expected that people would want to send some of their bigger ships

More like show off (at least that is my idea as to why the Japanese send those two ships).

Quoted

I was thinking cruisers or destroyers rather than Yamatos, although my intelligence agents (and probably everyone else's intelligence agents!) will take the opportunity to get lots of pictures of everything.

Well, they are 'old' ships anyway so those agents need to do some serious digging in order to find something that isn't already known.

I am not sure if other things are done, that people are allowed to visit the ships in the days leading up to the naval review. I expect that there will be long lines of agents citizens who would like to go aboard the Japanese ships. Perhaps I should send a few more ships for just that purpose... and also give Kobe Cola the opportunity to promote their drinks to other parts of the world. :)
"Lionel Crabb to the white courtesy telephone please!" :rolleyes:

Announcer: "No, the white phone." :D

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 10:43pm

I am not sure if other things are done, that people are allowed to visit the ships in the days leading up to the naval review. I expect that there will be long lines of agents citizens who would like to go aboard the Japanese ships. Perhaps I should send a few more ships for just that purpose.

If you want to have the ships open for tours, that's fine; but you don't need to send more ships for that purpose. (Please note that only 1-2 ships were desired, mostly because neither the Russians nor the French want to try to deal with the parking headache that would occur if no limit was established.)

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 10:50pm

They will have a parking headache anyway thanks to a 905 ft carrier and a 962 ft battleship. :D

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 11:44pm

It's not an issue that either are concerned about. :)

Thursday, May 12th 2016, 10:03am

I'll send some stuff too, just need to find time to think what to send.
*Buster Crabb packing his kitbag already*

Thursday, May 12th 2016, 11:21am

Atlantis, Turkey and Colombia will all send ships to all three reviews. Byzantium may send a ship to Latvia's review but it won't pose a parking problem....

Thursday, May 12th 2016, 11:40am

China will send also some ships ... but didn't decided at present which will be send ;)

Sunday, May 15th 2016, 11:03am

My various review entries.

Bastille Day
Great Britain - Cruiser HMS Jupiter, Destroyer HMS Marne
Netherlands - Training Cruiser Witte de With
Belgium - Destroyers DD-6 Georges Truffaut and DD-7 Francois Bovesse
Argentina - Cruiser Almirante Domecq Garcia and destroyer Lancer

Latvian Navy Day
Great Britain - HMS Mons

Russian Navy Day
Kronshtadt
Great Britain - Cruiser HMS Mercury, destroyer HMS Grenade
Netherlands - Cruiser Hazewind, destroyer Z105
Belgium - Cruiser King Albert, destroyer DD-3 A.F. Dufour

Sevastopol
Argentina - Cruiser Almirante Domecq Garcia and destroyer Lancer

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 10:42am

China will send the following ships to Vladivostok.

HICMS Shanton

RV Xue Long