You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 11:13am

Harbin 47 - Flightboat

Harbin 47
Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation
Type: Flightboat

The Harbin 47 is an all-metal gull winged flying boat and is operated by a crew of four and is intended to carry a payload of 500 kg or four passengers.

The elegant Ha-47, sometimes referred to as the "most beautiful flying-boat ever built", is of all-metal construction. The hull has a central keel and a defined step; the wings are of gull wing configuration, the outer sections being equipped with fully retractable narrow stabilising wing-floats.

Its four engines, Huang Po diesels, are mounted in tractor/pusher pairs in tandem nacelles located at the joint between the dihedral and horizontal wing sections. The rear (pusher) engines could be swung upwards through 10° during take-off and landing, to prevent contact between the three-blade airscrew and water spray created by the forward propellers. The tail unit was of conventional design, comprising a horizontal tailplane and a single, vertical fin with rudder. The good aerodynamic shape is good for the speed and the range of the aircraft.

Variants:
Ha-47A: Cargo Version with payload of 500 kg
Ha-47B: Passenger Version with payload of 4 passengers and luggage

General characteristics:

Dimensions:
Length: 24.6 m
Wingspan: 30 m
Height: 6.85 m
Wing area: 120 m²
Empty weight: 11,240 kg
Max. takeoff weight: (water) 15,000 kg / (catapult) 20,000 kg

Engine:
4x Huang Po 205D diesel engines with each 880 hp

Performance:
Maximum speed: 345 km/h
Cruising speed: 310 km/h
Service ceiling: 6,000 m
maximum range: 9,000 km
practical range: 7,100 km

Crew:
4 men
parador has attached the following images:
  • Harbin_Ha-47-back.jpg
  • Harbin_Ha-47-side.jpg
  • Harbin_Ha-47-front.jpg

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 3:44pm

Quoted

the "most beautiful flying-boat ever built"

That, of course, is your opinion. I think that even the bulky H11K is better looking than this thing. :)

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 5:06pm

Quoted

the "most beautiful flying-boat ever built"

That, of course, is your opinion. I think that even the bulky H11K is better looking than this thing. :)

I'd agree with that. The Do-27 wouldn't even make my Top Ten list.

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 5:16pm

27? Don't you mean 26?

Thursday, March 10th 2016, 7:12pm

I mean the Do-[Insert accurate information here].