You are not logged in.

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 12:47am

Quoted

Keep in mind that, except under very specific circumstances, I don't anticipate this being what most people would consider a practical weapon's system. I'd estimate that a 'good' shot would be one that came within, say, 300 meters of the intended target.

Given the *extremely* crude guidance system you have outlined, I think that anything within 3 kilometers of your intended target would be extremely lucky. You are not going to be able to gin-up a viable weapons system in the time-frame you have outlined, and I cannot fathom the need for it.

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 2:17am

Given the *extremely* crude guidance system you have outlined, I think that anything within 3 kilometers of your intended target would be extremely lucky. You are not going to be able to gin-up a viable weapons system in the time-frame you have outlined, and I cannot fathom the need for it.

That last surprises me.

Anyway. Once empirical testing proves that the desired accuracies can't be achieved with only one platform, the already high resemblance to the US Navy's Regulus will probably increase still further, right down to the service date of the (now with actual effectiveness!) Mark 2.
Carnival da yo~!

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 5:11am

Quoted

By looking at the news, I feel that it is mainly an Argentinian effort and that Atlantis is just a fifth wheel. :P

Sadly your opinion doesn't really taken into account the heavy design influence, coin and lead scientists contributions to the project that could easily be rooted in Venezuela or Colombia but instead are rooted in Argentina with a close partner in the region as a colaberative and cost saving measure,

Quoted

Just put a small canister containing chlorine gas in the nosecone of the rocket and you got yourself a chemical weapon even if it is ineffective. It does not have to be a 1000 kg explosive warhead to weaponize a missile.
at this point it could be that easy and may yet be approved by the military, but for now Atlantis and Argentina have desided to further develop the technology by seting the goal of reaching space. I assume I don't need to suggest the side benefits of such a goal being achieved.

Quoted

Quoted

Mexico did some work on pulsejets but that seems to have stalled/ been abandoned.

IIRC abandoned because the mods did not like it.
Its more complicated than that but I don't think its appropriate for us to discuss that here, or to discuss it at all really because the same situation is not being played out here.
Your post is too hard to read, Wes.

Quoted

I don't see this as remotely practical at this stage without some form of terminal guidance and even then its more likely to miss than hit.

Well, it would depend on what you want, whether you want to be fairly precise to hit your target in a harbor or if you accept the fact that there is a fairly large chance that your missile will miss the harbor and end up blowing up the local pub in the city beyond the harbor.

Seriously? I had no trouble at all reading the post.......