You are not logged in.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 4:32pm

Pacifica and the League

I thought it easier to break out this topic over here, rather than elsewhere.

Since it became independent, has Pacifica petitioned for membership in the League? I recall reading back-traffic, from years ago, that Kirk had Kongo do so at some point. If Pacifica wishes to join the League, I would think it reasonable to make such a petition. How the rest of the members react is, of course, a totally different issue.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 5:02pm

I said "seeing as no one ever bothered to put Pacifica on the LoN list". It should be noted that the 'no one' includes me. I probably never thought about doing that, because Japan is a LoN member. Now with this situation, I realized: "Hey! I guess I completely forgot about that! Silly me!"

I'm not sure how others think about it, but I'd think that Pacifica may have done that soon after its independence, looking back at the news, that would be late 1920s perhaps early 1930s. If not in that period, then it never did. If Pacifica were to do the petition now (i.e. Near the end of 1945) and have it accepted, other nations might think that Pacifica became a LoN just so it would be able to complain and protest about the Germans and their presence in the Pacific as soon as Pacifica gets involved by opening its mouth.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 5:09pm

I said "seeing as no one ever bothered to put Pacifica on the LoN list". It should be noted that the 'no one' includes me. I probably never thought about doing that, because Japan is a LoN member. Now with this situation, I realized: "Hey! I guess I completely forgot about that! Silly me!"

I'm not sure how others think about it, but I'd think that Pacifica may have done that soon after its independence, looking back at the news, that would be late 1920s perhaps early 1930s. If not in that period, then it never did. If Pacifica were to do the petition now (i.e. Near the end of 1945) and have it accepted, other nations might think that Pacifica became a LoN just so it would be able to complain and protest about the Germans and their presence in the Pacific as soon as Pacifica gets involved by opening its mouth.

That, unfortunately, as an all-too-possible interpretation. I was not playing that far back, and have no idea if you advanced the idea in the 1920s. However, it would be reasonable that at some point Pacifica might seek admission - unless it chooses to join China in the "Not League of Nations". :P

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 5:32pm

If they are not a LoN member, does that not mean that China joined Pacifica in the "Not League of Nations"? :)

... maybe I should try out the poll function of the board...

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 5:39pm

If they are not a LoN member, does that not mean that China joined Pacifica in the "Not League of Nations"? :)

... maybe I should try out the poll function of the board...

Should China respond, let us know the results? :D

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 6:01pm

I have no issues with Pacifica being in the League, though I think it'd be best to say that happened in the 1920s. Not sure I ever noticed its absence when I made the lists.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 6:33pm

Poor Pacifica. The neglected nation of the League of Nations. :)

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 9:37am

I'd have no objections either.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 10:11am

Sure why not, what's the worst that could happen? :P