You are not logged in.

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 7:42pm

A Change of Pace Perhaps

For those who might have an interest, I found an episode of the British TV show Time Team, which focused on the archaeological investigation and recovery of a Supermarine Spitfire lost over France in May 1940. You can view it here. I found it very interesting.

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 12:38am

I have seen that episode in the past. I have also seen the one about a pair of B-17s (and there is also one about a pair of A-26s which I have not seen). I find it an interesting program, also for the other old stuff they dig up in other episodes...
... and it is presented by Baldrick/the Sheriff of Nottingham. :)

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 12:53am

I've watched the episode on the B-17s; haven't gotten to the other one yet. I am trying to wade through them in order. Fascinating stuff for me...

Alas, I must be one of the few people who has never seen Blackadder; wasn't my cup of tea.

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 1:04am

Probably because it is British humour... I quite like the series.

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 9:41am

Time Team was always good. I haven't seen the B-17 one before, but the A-26 one is good. They did a few nautical ones too, the last special shown last year was a recreation of a Bronze age vessel.
There wasn't much they didn't try to excavate and they certainly went to many various locations around the British Isles and did some good community work. Alas, the series is now dead, another decent programme off the screen.
Tony has done other history series since, some better than others, but generally quite good.