You are not logged in.

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 3:19am

RSAN Arion

I was looking around somewhat at fast ships and ran across the RSAN Arion...

Considering that Hooman mentioned "Her hull strength is too low for her size, or her size too large for her hull strength" here regarding one of Brock's designs, I find it funny that Hooman said that while he did the exact same thing with one of his designs...

Looking around, I can't find any posts regarding this vessel other than in the encyclopedia. Was this ever noticed/mentioned before?

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 5:26am

Probably wasn't noticed, but you're right.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 7:37pm

Well...

Indeed. There is an inconsistancy in what I said regarding Emile Bertin and what I did with my Arions. Looks like I also designed them with the old rule in mind, but even missed that target (standard displacement slipped past 6000ts). Sorry. :(

So what do you propose?

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 9:01pm

Apply the new hull strength rule on the rebuild sim to correct it? Brock did that so I don't see why you shouldn't.

I have one cruiser class that uses the old hull strength rules and would need to be corrected eventually. They're at the point of a refit, but from what I can see, there is nothing with a refit that can be done in order to change the sim so it falls under the new hull strength rules (the ship needs to go from 0.55 to 0.75)...

I don't know what to do yet:
a) Refit and ignore the hull strength issue.
b) Refit and correct original sim so it falls under the new hull strength rules.
c) Rebuild so the rebuild sim falls under the new hull strength rules.
d) Don't do anything.
e) Scrap the ships.