You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, September 12th 2014, 10:31am

Danish Issues

I've noticed I don't actually have control over the contents of the Danish encyclopedia. I can't edit the posts inside, I can't make new sub-forums inside, etc.

Another issue is I've noticed in the last sim report (Q3/1941) Commodore Green did for Denmark included the following items:

No.1 type 3.5 drydock – Falster, CL, receives 1494 tons, balance 4914 tons
No.2 type 2 drydock – Bornholm, CL, receives 1494 tons, balance 4914 tons

which is listed as receiving a 75% reconstruction. The Island class CLs have an original lightweight of 7204, so 1494+4914 seems to be overpaying. The 75% reconstruction should cost 5403, but he's paid 6408, 1005 tons more for each of the pair. Another issue is I have no idea what's he's reconstructing them to. I think it was the carriers he mentioned in a post but as far as I can tell that was never finalized.

He's also taken to listing the KDM Thor (the newest battleship) as commencing sea trials. However, he notes the ship as having been started in 01/07/1939. Building time rules indicate Thor should be complete at 0310/1943 at the earliest... This was the most obvious time offense I saw, but not necessarily the only one.

Once these issues are resolved, I can start posting all the Danish sim reports which will take two hours or so at most.

Friday, September 12th 2014, 2:10pm

RE: Danish Issues

I've noticed I don't actually have control over the contents of the Danish encyclopedia. I can't edit the posts inside, I can't make new sub-forums inside, etc.

Editing the posts and making subforums is an admin-only function. I can set up Air / Land / Miscellaneous subfolders for you, though.

Monday, September 15th 2014, 5:55pm

In case it wasn't clear:

Quoted

Another issue is I've noticed in the last sim report (Q3/1941) Commodore Green did for Denmark included the following items:

No.1 type 3.5 drydock – Falster, CL, receives 1494 tons, balance 4914 tons
No.2 type 2 drydock – Bornholm, CL, receives 1494 tons, balance 4914 tons

which is listed as receiving a 75% reconstruction. The Island class CLs have an original lightweight of 7204, so 1494+4914 seems to be overpaying. The 75% reconstruction should cost 5403, but he's paid 6408, 1005 tons more for each of the pair. Another issue is I have no idea what's he's reconstructing them to. I think it was the carriers he mentioned in a post but as far as I can tell that was never finalized.
was a question in the form of: Well, what should I do about this mis-budgeting?

Can I reallocate it? If so when - Q3/41 (editing an old report) or Q4/41 (new report)? Or if I can't reallocate it, does that mean I need to come up with some new rework of the cruisers to fit the spent tonnage?

Editing the posts and making subforums is an admin-only function. I can set up Air / Land / Miscellaneous subfolders for you, though.
If could, I'ld like to add two subfolders: 'Navy' and 'Miscellaneous'. Please move everything currently not in a subfolder except 'Danish Fleet' into the 'Navy' subfolder. Just to clear up the clutter a bit.

Monday, September 15th 2014, 6:17pm

Have you found the proposed sim for the reconstructed Falster and Bornholm? I do not recall having seen one.

Monday, September 15th 2014, 6:59pm

Have you found the proposed sim for the reconstructed Falster and Bornholm? I do not recall having seen one.

I have found an answer to my own question, and a possible answer for your question as well.

Mac had posited a rebuild for the Falster and Bornholm here.

As you can see there was some discussion on his proposal, which involved the lengthening of the two cruisers in question and significant growth in their tonnage. However, it seems as if a final Springsharp was never posted. The 6,408 tons per vessel budgeted in the sim reports would just about cover a 75% reconstruction of the two ships to the new configuration. Hence, no surplus to worry about. Just no final design, unless you take Mac's last as your starting point.