You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 3:39pm

1945 Berlin Auto Show

The subject event is scheduled to begin Saturday, 8 September 1945. If you have any input to share, please let me know, either by PM (preferred) or by posting here.

Thank you.

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 4:49pm

Why do I have Kraftwerk in my head when reading this... ;)

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 2:48am

Bump!

Calling all interested parties... :D

Saturday, November 15th 2014, 2:21am

Any further input from people? I've heard from Britain, France and the Benelux.

Saturday, November 15th 2014, 3:27am

And Russia. ;)

Saturday, November 15th 2014, 3:43pm

Dang! I keep forgetting about this! :(

... on the other hand, I haven't looked into possible 'new' Japanese cars for this period so it would end up just being the usual bunch of outdated cars and stuff...

*goes off to look for cars*

Saturday, November 15th 2014, 3:45pm

It's not my thing, but have fun with it.

Saturday, November 15th 2014, 4:36pm

The problem I have is that in OTL due to WW2, there aren't really any Japanese passenger cars in the 1940-45 period... so I will just have to shift a few post WW2 ones back a few years...

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 10:48am

I think most of us have had to do that.

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 3:09pm

True, but I never really looked into possible 40-45 Japanese cars before using post war vehicles until now.

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 3:10am

Dusenberg, Packard, and Cadillac wish to show big fancy cars. Opel and Ford Germany are under your control Bruce.

Friday, December 12th 2014, 4:26am

(will post here to keep the news thread clean)
Nice stuff so far Bruce. While looking around at some cars, I ran across some Czechoslovakian ones so I wondered if they would be present but you apparently have not forgotten about them.

Unfortunately, the Fuldamobil reminds me of all the horrid stuff that will come out in the next couple of decades...

Friday, December 12th 2014, 9:32am

Nothing much wrong with the design of the Austin 1100, and the 911 is an icon.
However the Reliant Robbin is a disaster, never got over the shame in sitting in the back of my of grandparents one and being undertaken by a small motorbike on a dual carriageway...

Friday, December 12th 2014, 1:49pm

My go-to source for information on vintage autos is here so I haven't missed much of Czechoslovakian autos for this point in time. As for bubble cars, since Willy Messerschmidt can still design aircraft I will be able to avoid that rabbit hole and leave the Isetta to the Italians.

Friday, December 12th 2014, 3:38pm

Quoted

Nothing much wrong with the design of the Austin 1100

Looking at wiki, I thought the Maxi (the pic I used of) is different from the 1100...
... and two words ruin it: 'British Leyland' :)

Quoted

and the 911 is an icon.

... I think it looks like s**t...
... and it's just a Beetle. :D

Quoted

However the Reliant Robbin is a disaster, never got over the shame in sitting in the back of my of grandparents one and being undertaken by a small motorbike on a dual carriageway...

Ouch! Scarred for life. :)

As a kid during the school holidays, my dad could borrow the car of his eldest brother which was a VW (first Beetle and later a Golf) so that's a lot better. I would have to look up at the old photos regarding the means of transport during the two Canada holidays back in '78 and '80, but from what I can remember, it was nothing embarrassing.

Quoted

My go-to source for information on vintage autos is here so I haven't missed much of Czechoslovakian autos for this point in time.

I use a bit of a mix of wiki and search with google.

During my wiki searches recently with the Berlin Auto Show coming up, I ran across this one which is a nice one about all the older Datsun cars. I also ran across this one which gave me a few ideas...

Quoted

As for bubble cars, since Willy Messerschmidt can still design aircraft I will be able to avoid that rabbit hole and leave the Isetta to the Italians.

That may be true, but Herr Messerschmidt might start to think "I want to give the fighter aircraft feeling to the regular people by incorporating it into a car!" and start producing the bubble cars anyway.

Friday, December 12th 2014, 3:48pm

Walter wrote,

Quoted

That may be true, but Herr Messerschmidt might start to think "I want to give the fighter aircraft feeling to the regular people by incorporating it into a car!" and start producing the bubble cars anyway.

If he does so it will be after 1950 and not my problem!
:P

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 12:21pm

Just want to take this opportunity to say thanks for running this motor show, the posts have been illuminating and well illustrated!

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 6:50pm

Meanwhile, in Canada;

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 6:56pm

Looks like another thing that belongs among those rejects I listed earlier. :)

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 7:06pm

Well, it's a technology demonstrator.

There's also this thing for bombing around in;