You are not logged in.

Monday, July 14th 2014, 3:36am

For Bastille Day...

I give you drawings of the Montbrun tank, in three variants.

Used with permission.

Monday, July 14th 2014, 3:46am

Impressive drawings! They really give a feel for the vehicle. :thumbsup:

Monday, July 14th 2014, 3:54am

Yes, I agree - the moment I saw sixthcircle's drawings, I said "That looks like the Montbrun!"

The alternative vision I had - which I wasn't able to put together in a satisfactory drawing - was based on the AMX-40 ideas. I might keep working on it for the Montbrun's successor, though.

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 12:41am

beautiful drawings Brockpaine

they have an early cold war feel
Currently dealing with extremely heavy facts

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 1:10am

Thanks. I made a few modifications here and there, but most of the work was already done by the original artist. I'm responsible for the camo and markings, though, which are based on historical French tanks (particularly the Char-B series, but others as well). I also drew the side-skirts, which none of the original drawings had.

In terms of design, I think they've got touches of the M18 Hellcat, Centurion, and Comet tanks - probably my favorite vehicles of this era, all around. You can probably see that I deliberately invoked the Comet look with the sand-guard design of the Char-8A2, and then the Centurion-style skirts of the Char-8A4. :)

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 2:33pm

Great looking drawings, nice to see what these look like. I like the looks, but then I'm a Comet/ Centurion fan too!