You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 11:31pm

german armored personnel carriers (fictional)

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 11:50pm

By rights this should be in the non-Wesworld folder. Otherwise it will be confusing.

Monday, June 30th 2014, 4:34am

Moved.

These are pretty nifty. Very Germanic-looking - 1950s vehicles with 1940s design cues.

Monday, June 30th 2014, 9:44am

I really like these, they look great. I like the heritage to the 250/251 series which is obvious, but not too obvious.

Monday, June 30th 2014, 2:02pm

Conceptually these chime very well with the Heer's present thinking. The running gear puts me in mind of the late WW2 E-series more than the Hanomag 250/251; if derived from the E-series they would be rather heavy vehicles and quite expensive; but then, the German Army was never shy of investing money in good hardware. If the game lasts into the 1950s, these might not be that fictional. 8)

Monday, June 30th 2014, 9:00pm

Thanks for the nice comments...
The tracks are indeed borrowed from some E-Series vehicle.
These vehicles are supposed to be from the late 50ies (except the atgm equipped vehicle), they would probably be the successor generation of the E-Series vehicles.

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 10:08pm

I always liked the idea of a heavy apc's for the Infantry much more than the misguided IFV concepts of western origin which in my opinion were merely overreactions to the soviet BMP's....