You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 1:53pm

Bölkow Bo107 Single-engine Sport Aircraft

The Bölkow Bo107 is a two-seat light sportplane of all-metal design, featuring a conventional cantilever wing with fixed undercarriage. It has been designed by Ludwig Bölkow, and production undertaken by Bölkow Entwicklungen GmbH of Stuttgart.

General characteristics

Crew: one pilot and one passenger
Length: 8.16 metres
Wingspan: 10.87 metres
Height: 2.06 metres
Wing area: 15.7 square metres
Empty weight: 475 kg
Gross weight: 625 kg
Powerplant: one Hirth HM 504 4 cylinder air cooled inverted inline engine rated at 105 hp

Performance

Maximum speed: 190 kph
Range: 670 km
Service ceiling: 5,550 metres

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 10:19am

A nice sleek looking sports plane. I can see this selling pretty well in Europe.
The pilot has acres of headroom too!

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 1:27pm

A nice sleek looking sports plane. I can see this selling pretty well in Europe.
The pilot has acres of headroom too!

Yes, with a peaceful Europe and rising incomes, sport flying is an area I expect would grow - so yes, smaller civil designs will be appearing in Germany. Not headline catching perhaps, but long-term money spinners for the second-tier manufacturers.

And hey, if you are flying for sport, why not acres of headroom?