You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 2:41pm

Dornier Do27 Utility Transport Aircraft

An offering from the Dornier firm for the civil market, aimed at providing basic air transport under primitive conditions. Features excellent rough and short field performance and easy maintenance.

Crew: One pilot
Capacity: Four passengers, or equivalent freight
Length: 9.6 metres
Wingspan: 12.0 metres
Height: 2.33 metres
Wing area: 22.61 sq. metres
Empty weight: 1,070 kg
Maximum take-off weight: 1,850 kg
Powerplant: One Walter Super-Castor seven-cylinder radial air cooled engine rated at 270 hp

Performance

Maximum speed: 230 kph
Cruise speed: 210 kph
Stall speed: 74 kph
Range: 1,150 km
Service ceiling: 3,290 metres
Rate of climb: 3.6 metres/second
Take off run: 155 metres
Landing run: 130 metres

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 9:52am

Looks good, the picture reminds me of the Yak-12, which was a handy little craft.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 11:15am

Looks good, the picture reminds me of the Yak-12, which was a handy little craft.

I based the drawing on the Yak-12, but cleaned it up a bit - the wing is cantilever like the OTL Do27, and a few other structural items - stressed skin versus tube and fabric. It may find a place in the civil market at home but it is aimed at overseas markets.