You are not logged in.

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 2:06am

I think the automotive details are more akin to that of the postwar American M41 series of light tanks, but the layout of turrets and other weaponry is very much like the Scorpion. They date from before my time here... 8|

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 2:08am

Oh yeah - there's also this.

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 2:11am

I think the automotive details are more akin to that of the postwar American M41 series of light tanks, but the layout of turrets and other weaponry is very much like the Scorpion. They date from before my time here... 8|

Yes. Mac was pretty active up until about 1938ish; after that, he got really quiet.

I do wish he'd come back. :( He and I talked a lot, particularly when I started playing Ireland; and I ended up buying quite a bit of gear from Denmark during the time when he was active.

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 2:14am

Due to his level of activity, I had only a few dealing with Mac, but they were good ones. I too which he could return, but such is life. :(

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 2:16am

I think Hoo still hears from him on rare occasions - though I gather his real-life situation got rather difficult as a result of Ireland's financial issues. :(

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 9:59am

Great detective work Brock! It brings back memories to see those again.
I seem to remember other aircraft too, there was a big Blackburn Beverley style transport at some point (just before Mac went AWOL)

Most of the those have a decidedly modern appearance and function that players these days wouldn't get away with, its surprising that Mac managed to avoid too many criticisms when he posted this stuff.

I don't think the Peregrine entered service until at least 1942-ish, certainly they never appeared at the 1941 Talons and in those days must bleeding edge stuff ended up on show there.

I have some very basic specs for the DAF(s)4v2 Falcon III (I think between me and Mac we devised a couple of marks with improved engines as stop-gaps until the Peregrine was ready, the Falcon III dates from 1940-41)
Powerplant: 1x 1850hp Hispano-Suiza V-12
Max Speed: 675kmh
Wing Loading: 41 lb/sq ft
Power to Weight ratio: 0.18 hp/lb
I'm afraid the deeper specs are lost in the mist of time. I'll try and dig them out.

In the meantime, regarding sales and purchases, the Netherlands can offer land-based fighters etc. and Minerva-Avia engines which owe their linage to the Hispano-Suiza family.
In regards to buying versus home production, while costs matter so does home employment, you need something to keep the local firms in business beyond simply buying in equipment or negotiating kit-build assembly. As I say, exports matter too in making that decision, in the past Denmark sold stuff aboard (those half-tracks were exported to a few nations I think) but if those markets are gone and you can't recoup production costs then buying might be the only option.